Fixed my Disco

LR90

The Disco has been pulling to the left and getting progressively worse.

Been bugging me for ages and with limited time to do anything I've checked tyre pressures, tracking, replaced hockey stick bushes and the rusty steering damper..... still no joy and I'm still doing 250+ a week in it.

It was also cutting the tyres out, which was sort of to be expected, but noticed this morning one had a very flat spot in it that looked decidedly dodgy. Oddly the rhs (its been pulling to the left).

So, tonight I swapped them over and... it pulls to the left. Looks like I've finally found my problem :D

Now got the spare on (had to air it up to get it off the jack!!) and the duff tyre in the boot. Looking at it its got a severe bulge and I can see the wires through cracks in the flat spot. Its a Goodyear Wrangler, basic 205/16, so I don't think its a tyre quality issue and thinking back I can recall we hit something in the road a couple of years back, rhs, but couldn't find any damage at the time. Seems whatever it was damaged the tyre carcass and its been getting progressively worse ever since.

So relieved to have it fixed and before it blew out that I'm quite happy to admit my error of not trying to swap tyres arround earlier.

So, now to find a good price for another Wrangler (or two).

Trev,

I posted something very similar a few weeks ago... My Rangie was a bit lively and I did exactly what you've done... Swivels, Damper, Track Rods etc etc.

Decided that the front tyres were really close to illegal so renewed them and Bobs your uncle - Huge difference. :rolleyes:

Trev,

I posted something very similar a few weeks ago... My Rangie was a bit lively and I did exactly what you've done... Swivels, Damper, Track Rods etc etc.

Decided that the front tyres were really close to illegal so renewed them and Bobs your uncle - Huge difference. :rolleyes:

Yes, next time I'll try swapping the tyres round first before replacing everying else!