Panasonic Toughbook

Sorry , Jim your gonna have to change your Avatar , Its very distracting and preventing me from doing ................................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................................................

........................, Ah thats better , :D

HDD are not vibration proof- one of the major causes of disk failure is shock damage caused by someone kicking their computer at the wrong time.

Jim - do you have actual direct experience of this in the situation Rog's talking about? 'Cos I've used CF27, CF25 and CF18 to datalog with MS (constant read/write activity) in the 109, the RR, a Bowler, a HiLux, a 90 and a hot-rod both on and off road and nothing has ever missed a beat. I've also used non-tough laptops and they too have been fine. The assortment of tablets & toughbooks we used for thousands of K's round Russia on roads so bad they were shaking vehicles apart never missed a beat either.

Most laptop HD's are specced similarly to these - 250G shock when operating / 900G when not, that's a hell of a tolerance especially if it's sat inside a gel cushion.