Outback Challenge Morocco 2008

Soliholic

Have a look on Pirate 4x4, can't find the link for the moment... :unsure:

!!!! Do you know how many threads there are on pirate?!

Can you give any more info - what section its in, the username of the poster, the thread title, anything...?

Cheers, Al.

:)

!!!! Do you know how many threads there are on pirate?!

Can you give any more info - what section its in, the username of the poster, the thread title, anything...?

Cheers, Al.

:)

didn't had a lot of time to search at that moment... :rolleyes:

I've heard that Tim had some steeringprobs on the buggy, but no further details...

Just got this mail from Andy Chaplin.

I am driving the Tomcat & Charlie is co driving ?????? {dont know what has happened there Andy was co-driving for Alloy sport in his Tom Cat & charlie was co-driving for Simon Walton}.

The Waltons rolled there car 3 days ago we have 4 blown shocks but are doing well .

Thats all ive heard .

Peter

Through the grapevine i heard that paul and doms ( challenger crew ) as of yesterday were first in class and second overall :)

More info on the challenger 4x4 web site

I believe I have more information on the rolled vehicle mentioned on the Challenger 4x4 website. Daniel is there covering the event for LRM magazine.

Daniel had changed from one press vehicle to another, and a few minutes later, the one he was no longer in, broke a ball joint at 50mph, and rolled over twice at speed. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured, but he was pulling people out of the wreckage at 4am.

Other than that, he says the event is going very well, and has plenty of material for a couple of articles on the event.

(paraphrased from a text message from Dan)

Just got this mail from Andy Chaplin.

I am driving the Tomcat & Charlie is co driving ?????? {dont know what has happened there Andy was co-driving for Alloy sport in his Tom Cat & charlie was co-driving for Simon Walton}.

Got an sms from Andy (Allisport)... saying more or less:

everything was well and they were in the lead... then Andy Chaplin took the steering wheel and now the tomcat is suffering :rolleyes:

Got an sms from Andy (Allisport)... saying more or less:

everything was well and they were in the lead... then Andy Chaplin took the steering wheel and now the tomcat is suffering :rolleyes:

He can't have been too bad as I heard he and Charlie won the event. ;)

Another UK win :lol:

post-701-1211193943_thumb.jpg Hello everyone,

As some may know, Dan was at the Outback Challenge in Morocco this year covering the event for LRM, which should be out next month, along with features on several of the cars.

He has compiled a short video from clips he took between photos, which I thought I'd share here.

Thanks,

Nick

post-701-1211194004_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Full report (courtesy of Daniel Moylan) out now in this months LRM....

We hope you enjoyed his two articles on Challenger 4x4 and the Outback Challenge as much as we did!! We were also really pleased that Dan's photos made the front cover!

LRM July issue

Nick and Dan from the Lone Wolf Transglobal Expedition team