Slightly o/t Mitsubishi Canter, any good.

roguevogue

You can just about fit a 90 onto the back of a Canter double cab tipper (i'm not too sure what the tipper bed is, if its standard size etc).

The vehicle i co-drive for uses one to transport his 90 to comp's.

I will try to find a picture for you.

What is wrong with a trailer? Needs no tax, MOT, insurance etc., is easier to store and James can buy a camper van to tow it with...

If you need a new tow vehicle I saw a 52 Transit for £2750 the other day. Big enough to sleep in and keep some spares.

Chris

We run Canters at work (as I have posted before)

We have 6.3 tonners, 6.5 tonners, 7.2 tonners and 3.5 tonners now all our vehicles will be canters eventually. The reviews are (IMHBPO) utter bo!!ox. They are reliable, tough, uber strong, capable, easy to drive, powerful and good VFM. However you will need the XLWB 7.5 tonner for a challenge motor.

They aint too bad ,A bit under powered and juicy There was a problem getting bits for them a few years ago , They used to be part of Volvo truck and bus , I think Mercedes commerial sell them and the bits for them now.

The parts were dear , and brakes were not a strong point as were the electrics , I used to look after a fleet of them for a traffic light company .

As already said 3.5t is too small for carrying a challenge truck.

I know Tony Baskill uses one to transport his G wagen.

A ford transit dosent have the train weight for towing a challenge truck either , although im guilty my self for occasionaly towing with mine .

If you want a good reliable 7.5 tonner with a good payload , I would highly recomend a DAF45 , they are little work horses , But they do have a small problem list such as kingpins and wheel bearings , but if you go for one with eight stud wheels these have the heavy duty axles in them , Go for a 150 hp model , they will sit ileagaly on the motorway at 85 mph all day long ( pre speed limiter model )

A ford transit dosent have the train weight for towing a challenge truck either , although im guilty my self for occasionaly towing with mine .

That seems to depend on who you ask... or which model. It all gets confusing as there are some many variations.

The Withams auction thread seems to have some suitable trucks for a few grand. :)

Chris

Not many campers will have enough spare load capacity to tow anything that heavy - maybe a big truck based one would.

Or 3.5T Iveco panel van based one, pick the right model and they have a GTW of 6.3T :)

Except now I don't have anything to tow with it :(