OT: All this rain

JST

Ed - i have just sent you an email, plus Simon (Shrek) can also normally be found lurking around OEC (getting in the way!) i am sure he can point you in the right direction for some lanes. he may have a spare seat for the 20 Jan DRD as well, not sure how many seats their vehicle has.

Thank you james, most helpful. Lets see what happens. ;)

I had the water over the bonnet on the 90 at pigeon house lane. You can never figure out when that thing is going to be high, I think it affected by the tides

It was about 4-6" deep at the farm on Nine Elms Lane at 1300 yesterday and easily passable. This morning there were council closed signs and barriers (must have been placed there yesterday pm) and a heck of a lot of debris and gravel on the road. No water this am though, and it looks like the farmer had opened the barriers. Tide was out in the creek though, yesterday lunchtime it was in.

Been out playing yesterday and today - yesterday gave a couple of people a lift from one side of the flood they'd drowned their car in to the pub on the other side where they could wait to be picked up, then helped push a Volvo out estate out of a deep one (bonnet level on the car, and she still insisted on trying to start it afterwards!). Gave her a lift home when surprisingly it didn't go. Saw a Volvo XC90 being loaded onto a flatbed at that one too.

Took these at another one - deepest I've ever seen it here, it's normally below the walking boards but it was well above that and flowing fast enough to push the little car into the gateway, and from the debris mark level with the top of the front lights on the 55reg Range Rover (picture taken tonight when it's gone down quite a bit, now only level with the top of the tyres). Luckily everyone had got out before I got there!

FloodCar.jpg

FloodRR.jpg

Only one I could get of myself as I was on my own, just through a small one that had just claimed a Ford Focus

FloodMe.jpg

Richard

I had the water over the bonnet on the 90 at pigeon house lane. You can never figure out when that thing is going to be high, I think it affected by the tides

thats the one i went through that was running at 1m deep......the flow was puhing up towards the windows :lol: :lol: ....that was yesterday afternoon...... was good fun

The concord club ford was much deeper and faster flowing but didn't fancy going much further into that as the Disco is my daily driver...

Did you continue up the lane? I know it's only little but more fun than driving onthe road! :) All cut back up there now so not damaging at all.

Our last trip to Pigeon House Lane it sounds pretty similar to yours Steve - although it did go pretty quiet as the water reached about an inch up the windscreen in Dan's 110 CSW ... he had to change down a gear to get through (it's deceptive that one) which was an interesting moment, but it was worth it to see the looks on the faces of the muppets sat on the other side with one broken pug and a clio! :lol: ...unsuprisingly we decided not to try it again :ph34r:

Yep... couple of idiots stuck in the water on the Teigngrace road... and a nice wee splash in Little Bovey... I was not out playing cost I still haven't put the seatbox back in... :blink:

How did you do in the V8??

Shrek

The V8 goes well in and under water.................... EDIS is definitely water proof.............

As you say, 2 stuck at Teigngrace ................ I pulled them both out .......... although not deep this time............. I have seen it go to 4 or 5 feet in years gone by.........

gallery_269_31_87564.jpg

A mile up the road at Ventiford and Brocks found this...........but its kind of hard to take pics and drive at the same time

gallery_269_31_62733.jpg

gallery_269_31_11286.jpg

This bit was flooded for just over a mile............

gallery_269_31_30146.jpg

:)

Ian

Back down in Devonshire now for weekend from Uni so will be out and about for more forecasted rain over weekend. Last night i ventured to the snowdome in Tamworth for a ski and the whole area was under water with various cars dotted over the car park. Noticed a Merc SLGAY which apparently has ben their since saturday!! I asked the shuttle bus driver how they got them out and he said " some very friendly landrover drivers used ropes and stuff " so was just wondering if any of you midlands forumeers helped out??

Me and a mate went out looking for floods last night, found a road near elvaston castle/park in derby that had road closed signs up. Obviously had to have a better look, went round the corner and there was a ford focus sat in the middle of the flooded road with it hazards on.

Was about 2 foot deep at the deepest part and about 100-150 metres long. Just as i was towing the focus out a copper turned up in a vectra, which was very useful! The bloke then kept trying to turn the engine over even though it as hydraulic'd, so i left him to it, wasnt vey thankful either!

No pics though.

Richard - that RRV abandoned then?

Yep, the windows were still open from when the occupants escaped too! Went and had a look today and the little car is still there but the RR has gone. I'm pretty sure the water was over the walk boards which puts the depth at about 4ft there.

I made it onto page 3 of this weeks Mid Sussex Times - someone took a photo of me splashing through a puddle where it had been 3ft-ish the night before and sent it in :)

Paper1.jpg

Paper2.jpg

See what I mean about the smoke James!

Richard

Ed - i have just sent you an email, plus Simon (Shrek) can also normally be found lurking around OEC (getting in the way!) i am sure he can point you in the right direction for some lanes. he may have a spare seat for the 20 Jan DRD as well, not sure how many seats their vehicle has.

james its frank if you pm me ed's e-mail address will let him know when me and barney are going out as know loads of lanes in devon driven most of them some average some extream

You have got to finish your truck first frank!! Spring seats arrived yet???!! ;)

Shrek

oh yes picked them up this morning so hope to be full steam ahead hope next week to start thread on my build as my laptop been fixed so can upload the lansuki pic's

james its frank if you pm me ed's e-mail address will let him know when me and barney are going out as know loads of lanes in devon driven most of them some average some extream

Hi mate, just PM me and i will get the mesage. Shrek PMd me. thak you Shrek. i had a look on the torbay 4x4 club website. they were laning last night!! damn it.

Thanks chaps, be in contact soon.

Ed.

Pidgeon House Lane on Portsdown hill is normally worth a visit after a spattering of precipitation. Last time I went down there I nearly ruined the carpets in the 110CSW!! :lol: Probably best not to take the freelander down there, eh!?!! :lol:

When we met up with Dan for lunch a while back he led us back the wet way. Is this Pigeon House Lane? Looks like it could get pretty deep.

r581hab_021006_083.jpg

My brother's had my 90 for a few days. His IT company is based here right next to the river. The only real access is along the river bank alongside the river so he has been ferrying some staff in.

Of course, the real contingency plan for flooding of their office is for all the staff to work from home, or even embed with a client, which is quite feasible. BUT it doesn't involve driving through floods, so isn't as fun!

Cheers

Blippie

When we met up with Dan for lunch a while back he led us back the wet way. Is this Pigeon House Lane? Looks like it could get pretty deep.

r581hab_021006_083.jpg

My brother's had my 90 for a few days. His IT company is based here right next to the river. The only real access is along the river bank alongside the river so he has been ferrying some staff in.

Of course, the real contingency plan for flooding of their office is for all the staff to work from home, or even embed with a client, which is quite feasible. BUT it doesn't involve driving through floods, so isn't as fun!

Cheers

Blippie

thats pigeon house lane mate :ph34r: