Bit of a shock...

Ryan

Had a bit of a shock last night when I got home to find my insurance renewal on my doormat waiting for me. I'm currently with Equity Red Star through Adrian Flux. Last year's premium (including all the extras and recovery) came in just under £300. This year it has gone up to £349 with a company called Trinity Lane (never heard of them).

Always one to look for a bargain (I do have some Scottish blood in me ;)), I started the process phoning around. Isn't it a PITA that you can't do online quotes with modifications?

When I told Sureterm what my renewal quote was, they said they couldn't come anywhere near it - said it would be around the £500 mark. Lancaster have just got back to me wanting £540. I'm just waiting for a call back from NFU as the guy had to refer it to the underwriters due to the mods. The guy at NFU was great though - he knew exactly what I was talking about as he is has two LRs - he knew the mods didn't affect the performance (probably makes it slower :lol:) but had to refer it anyway.

I had to give Adrian Flux a call to make sure they'd included some mods I did late last year. I'd sent them two e-mails about it but they weren't added to the policy! Turns out they didn't make a difference as they decided that they were more cosmetic than anything else (i.e. didn't make it go any quicker). Even adding the snorkel, which I'm aware alot of companies think make a big difference to speed, did not cause a problem. The premium would be the same.

So, pending a call from NFU, looks like I'll be with AF for another year.

Had a bit of a shock last night when I got home to find my insurance renewal on my doormat waiting for me. I'm currently with Equity Red Star through Adrian Flux. Last year's premium (including all the extras and recovery) came in just under £300. This year it has gone up to £349 with a company called Trinity Lane (never heard of them).

Always one to look for a bargain (I do have some Scottish blood in me ;)), I started the process phoning around. Isn't it a PITA that you can't do online quotes with modifications?

When I told Sureterm what my renewal quote was, they said they couldn't come anywhere near it - said it would be around the £500 mark. Lancaster have just got back to me wanting £540. I'm just waiting for a call back from NFU as the guy had to refer it to the underwriters due to the mods. The guy at NFU was great though - he knew exactly what I was talking about as he is has two LRs - he knew the mods didn't affect the performance (probably makes it slower :lol:) but had to refer it anyway.

I had to give Adrian Flux a call to make sure they'd included some mods I did late last year. I'd sent them two e-mails about it but they weren't added to the policy! Turns out they didn't make a difference as they decided that they were more cosmetic than anything else (i.e. didn't make it go any quicker). Even adding the snorkel, which I'm aware alot of companies think make a big difference to speed, did not cause a problem. The premium would be the same.

Put in a new quote with them and see what they get back with. I did that and it was cheaper and the company matched it. Saved myself £75 in the end....Just a thought....

H

Ryan,

I've got the Camel insured with the NFU and they have been great.

Speak to Jeanie at their Wickham office, 01329 287693.

Cheers chap. If I haven't heard from them by Friday, I'll give Jeanie a call.

Hi

I've use NFU since i was learning to drive never had any problems with them. there not all wes the cheapest, landys there very good not shore about land rovers that have been modified. but last year i had my first bump :unsure: did all the forms over the phone and didn't hear any more, sorted. :)

Tim

all are things are insured with the NFU, 4 houses/5 cars/ all the tractors/ all the farm theyre always great to deal with.

they also told me that modifying my land rover WONT affect my insurance in anyway.

but i think thats because we pay the so much, because of all the stuff we have with them.

I have just (this week) changed from Adrian Flux to NFU, now dont get me wrong when i had the 110 pinched AF paid up quickly, but as i travel to Bosnia twice a year and NFU will give me a green card whereas AF stopped covering me outside of the EU, then i had to buy probably worthless insurance at the border NFU have saved me a £150, also they cover my rapier trailer for an extra £8 (£1500 value) fully comp as well. They were also £9 cheaper than AF

Total cost £266-25 for Disco 300 (£6000 value with the extras) and trailer £1500 well pleased.

Keith

I am with NFU and I must say they have been very good to me. When I went to Morroco and Libya they included a green card for both places free. Saved me buying insurance at the border. I have breakdown with GEM but when I went to the Pyranees recently no-one would cover me as the car was 16yrs old. Phoned NFU and they said they would cover me for £26 for 30 days. I explained the cars age and she said Oh in that case it will be more money. Waited for the new cost and it was £31 for 30 days. They will cover a car up to 20Yrs old for that price.

Ivan

Know a few people who use AF and alot of people have been caught out with them as they are shocking when it come to paperwork and updating policy's. Parents are with NFU for house and horses and never had a bad thing to say and replaced our rayburn when it died with no troubles at all