Heritage Grille Part Number

Dave K

They seem to be very difficult to get hold of, I wanted one a year or two back and drew a blank at every turn, alas !

Mo

your dealer should be able to supply you one.

there are two types, air con and non air con. non air con one covers the lower part of the grille panel and in my opinion looks pretty bad. the air con one is the same dimensions as the normal plastic defender grill, i.e no bit hanging down. i've seen some painted black and they look much better than in silver.

price wise, i don't think they're especially cheap, but the real shocker is when you come to pay for the badge one them, something like £80 if i remember correctly. grill might be the same price. if you search maybe the lro forum, assuming it has decent archives you should come across some threads which may have better details on the price.

don't have a part number for you though i'm afraid. if you can find a nice person with one, maybe you see if they will provide you with their vin so you can search for the part more easily.

EDIT: looks like diesel jim has the part number for you there. if you take that to your local parts desk, perhaps they can tell you how much.

Guest diesel_jim

The photo above can't be the original numbe plate, as i put it into microCAT and it didn't recognise it, however i did a quick search on google for "defender heritage" and got another registrtion number W736MAE which has VIN # SALLDVB87XA175547, so if you take that VIN along with the part number STC60713 to your dealer, that should definately get you an answer.

• 2 years later...

Came up with this old thread whilst doing a search and thought I would update it.

Always liked the Heritage grill (the rectangular non-aircon one that is), in fact it was the only thing about that particular model I did like but since I decided it was time to treat myself to one I have discovered that they are quite expensive (over £300 with VAT) and not currently available. :(

Looking through the December issue of LRO i noticed that the NAK 130 demountable camper that they were reviewing had one fitted and the article indicated that it was available from them. I took a peak at their website and found that not only do they sell both types (with air-con and without) but they also do them in three colours (black, silver & Brunel) and they are made of alloy (were the genuine ones steel?).

Using a translation website I ordered myself a black one and it arrived today. Nicely made and beautifully packaged it also came with a set of SS fittings (my existing grill is already fitted with these so I will keep them as spares). I can thoroughly recomend them as they are nice to deal with and their service is second to none, see all their products at http://www.nakatanenga.de.

The best bit, only 157 Euros including P&P. :D