3º Caster correction radius arms.

As it says on the tin..

I am under the impression that when fitting a lift kit the amount of lift can vary vehicle to vehicle. Would it then follow that the camber will vary vehicle to vehicle and only test driving will determine whether correction is necessary? Or am I totally wrong?

Does the same apply to the training arms?

I have 1.5" lift springs from Scrapiron, don't blame me I inherited them!!!

As it says on the tin..

I am under the impression that when fitting a lift kit the amount of lift can vary vehicle to vehicle. Would it then follow that the camber will vary vehicle to vehicle and only test driving will determine whether correction is necessary? Or am I totally wrong?

Does the same apply to the training arms?

I have 1.5" lift springs from Scrapiron, don't blame me I inherited them!!!

Might be wrong but as far as I am aware you should be ok up to about a 2" lift on standard radius arms... Any more than 2" without suitable castor correction then the steering will start to wander and lack self centring etc. I have a 2" lift with standard arms and it made no difference to the steering response or self centring as far as I could tell. I would personally save the money you would have spent on castor corrected arms and buy something you actually need!

Regarding the trailing arms... Yes they are of benefit- may seem like a contradiction to the above but they are for a whole different reason... your trailing arm to chassis bushes will love you for buying some cranked ones.

Shrek

Matt,

It depends on the vehicle, each one seems to be different ! I really needed castor correction arms with my 2" lift as I had very little in the way of steering self-centering and once fitted the steering was back to normal :) What is yours like ? If it centres OK you've saved yourself a couple of hundred quid :)

Mo