Disco I 3.5 EFI hot wire inertia fuel cut-off switch

Serhiy

Does anyone know where fuel cut off switch on Discovery 91YM 3.5 EFI hot wire is located? After small incident fuel is not coming to engine bay. I can not find English version of the factory workshop manual for this model on the web, maybe someone knows where it could be downloaded from?

Unfortunately nobody knows where this switch it is...... There is no Rave description of this model.....There is no factory Workshop manual for this model on the web..... There is no electrical diagram on the web.....Complete disaster.....

I thought somebody posted a link to a Disco 200Tdi age (which would cover yours) workshop manual for download just in the last week or so, but I don't have time to look for it at the moment, I'm sure its on here somewhere though!

These switches are normally located in the engine bay. If all else fails you could try and follow the wiring back from the pump I suppose.

It's not a flapper it's a Lucus 14CUX. I think it's located somewhere behind the dash board. It's a long time since mine had a 200 body fitted so I can't remember sorry. On a 300 series it's behind the washer bottle.

Ivan

It's not a flapper it's a Lucus 14CUX. I think it's located somewhere behind the dash board. It's a long time since mine had a 200 body fitted so I can't remember sorry. On a 300 series it's behind the washer bottle.

Ivan

It is not flapper. It is definitely hot wire Lucas 14 CUX, exactly like on 3.9 engine. ECU is located near the right edge of the dash board. There is nothing behind washer bottle like in later models (it was first place I have checked before posting topic on the board). Link between pump fuse and pump connector is broken, so this is 100% inertia switch. I still belive in wisdom of LR engineers and can not even imagine that they expected someone driving Camel Trophy rig in the bush to remove dash board to push button on this switch after small accident.

It looks that Workshop manual for this model is best kept secret of Land Rover .

I checked everything underneath both seats even before posting this topic, as I have some V8 RRC experience, but, in contrast to Range Rover, neither ECU, nor relays, nor inertia switches were not found in Discovery. 14 CUX ECU is screwed to the body panel close to right edge of the dash board, practically under dash board.

Maybe behind one of the footwell kick panels?

That said normally these switches are accessible without having to remove panel trim.

On the RR it is under the passenger seat with the ECU under the dirver's seat. If the ECU for the Disco' is up under the dash then the cut-out shouldnt be too far away