Sunroof drain pipe routing

nicks90

the wife phoned me yesterday complaining that she was getting a wet shoulder! :angry:

for some reason water was dripping from the headlining just above the drivers door - off the grab handle wotsit - and after about 10 minutes of driving in the horrendous rain, the water leak has travelled along the bottom edge of the headlining on the right hand side to above the back door. Bottom edge all soaking wet and dripping onto the door cards!

the area around the sunroof is dry, as it the headlining from the sunroof to the right hand bracket of the drivers sunvisor. But from that point to the bottom edge of the lining above the door its soaked....

I know there may be a leak from the sunroof - but surely that would mean all the headlining would get wet....which it isnt!

so could there be anywhere else it leaks from? are there any connectors in the drain pipe from the sunroof that are above/to the right of the drivers sunvisor?

or could it be leaking from the top right of the windscreen where them black trim strips meet with the roof?

cheers

Nick (Mildly miffed off wife giving me earache) Clayton

the wife phoned me yesterday complaining that she was getting a wet shoulder! :angry:

for some reason water was dripping from the headlining just above the drivers door - off the grab handle wotsit - and after about 10 minutes of driving in the horrendous rain, the water leak has travelled along the bottom edge of the headlining on the right hand side to above the back door. Bottom edge all soaking wet and dripping onto the door cards!

the area around the sunroof is dry, as it the headlining from the sunroof to the right hand bracket of the drivers sunvisor. But from that point to the bottom edge of the lining above the door its soaked....

I know there may be a leak from the sunroof - but surely that would mean all the headlining would get wet....which it isnt!

so could there be anywhere else it leaks from? are there any connectors in the drain pipe from the sunroof that are above/to the right of the drivers sunvisor?

or could it be leaking from the top right of the windscreen where them black trim strips meet with the roof?

cheers

Nick (Mildly miffed off wife giving me earache) Clayton

Hi , I had the same problem last year and thinking (because the rear sunroof had leaked before) that it was the sunroof but it turned out to be the sealing along the top of the windscreen especially in the corners - I simply peeled it back(the rubber strip) a bit and sealed it with some black flexible sealant and have not had a problem since.

Hope this helps.

firemannotsam