drum and all gears to run on bearings

winch008.jpg

2 speed high 1:1 and low 6:1

winch004.jpg

will run of the same size pump and motor as the milmarker type R

winch005.jpg

Pah

It will never work,

Why don't you just fit a nice 12V 'proper' winch and be done with it.

Looks like a complete bodge, but I suppose it kept you busy for an hour or so on the mill :blink:

Sadly I am awestruck, .....beautifull work:wub: and from thinking so far 'outside the box' you'll be lucky to see it :lol: ,

and looking forward to seeing more of this thread, ....and maybe see it in the flesh at the 1st Howling Wolfe ?????

Nige B)

Very nice work there Saley ,

Is all from billet or did you get the gearcasing cast? How will the 2 speeds be engaged? manual levers or automatic on line load? What sort of brake system OCV or mech brake on the drum? I would assume if you are using MM type R motor and pump set up linespeed and pull will be about the same as the type R. Of course with the motor above the drum theres plenty of scope for a longer drum if one should feel the need for 500' of plasma :P

Lovely job there fella :)

Cheers

Steveb

post-5185-1201028992_thumb.jpg

Very nice work there Saley ,

Is all from billet or did you get the gearcasing cast? How will the 2 speeds be engaged? manual levers or automatic on line load? What sort of brake system OCV or mech brake on the drum? I would assume if you are using MM type R motor and pump set up linespeed and pull will be about the same as the type R. Of course with the motor above the drum theres plenty of scope for a longer drum if one should feel the need for 500' of plasma :P

Cheers

Steveb

All machined up from solid billets lots of hours spent on milling/tuning

post-5185-1201033161_thumb.jpg

post-5185-1201033195_thumb.jpg

Is all from billet or did you get the gearcasing cast?

this is the prototype so all milled out of a billet :(

How will the 2 speeds be engaged? manual levers or automatic on line load?

we are trying air operated rams but manual for this one

What sort of brake system OCV or mech brake on the drum?

OCV works super

I would assume if you are using MM type R motor and pump set up linespeed and pull will be about the same as the type R.

it will be the same line speed as a type R maybe a little faster being on bearings

Of course with the motor above the drum theres plenty of scope for a longer drum if one should feel the need for 500' of plasma :P

i think it will hold about 200ft with ease but if anyone wants a large drum :rolleyes:

Looks great,

Can I ask when you say it's running the same set up as the type R. Is that the chain driven ZF hyd pump, or the pto driven hyd motor of the pto?

Or would that be the driect driven pump that Mr Burn is desperate to get his hands on. He has stopped talking to me, i was trying to by 3 winches off him for two customers, but he wont talk to me. Me and the old spot are not willing to tell the vital bit he is missing. One customer was Paul G that you spoke with earlier.

Looks like I have found the replacments, but I just need to check that im on still on track with the pump size and pressure etc.

So 29cc pump at about 200 bar is ok?

But I think that I will aim for 35/36 cc at about 200 bar, should be quite usable

Hi John.

where did you manage to cadge a lump of billet that size from :P

I hope you have swept up all the swarf and weighed it in.

Surely enough to at least buy a pint or two.

Any way of producing another incorporating daff variomatic transmission :unsure:

I see your major advantage with this new design is not needing to worry abot the rope bunching up.

I recon I could have done that for you in an hour or so :P all you needed to do was bodge a few spacers betwen the frame and your old winch job done and 69 hours extra drinking time. :ph34r:

look forward to seeing you and the gang soon.

P.S. still got Slindon mud on my truck, must get round to washing it one of these next few weeks.

I am really impressed both by the effort and the appearance of the finished machining. I must admit that I didn't have the machining equipment when I built my 6x6 and used the skills of a local machine shop for some turning and welded mild steel plate for everything else. Not pretty and not light weight but it was cheap and it worked.

Good luck with it, I am looking forward to the finished pictures.

That is some excellent work - altho you really should learn to use SolidWorks or similar 3D car then you could have CNC milled it in no time at all :D

Can use solid work and cad but my solid works licence ran out, it is all draw up on cad, , and also had a price for CNC milling and the guy wanted about £600 just for the gear case:( so did it myself :P

Are you planning on putting them into production?

will be getting the casting costs early next week so will be able to put a price on them.

they should be on Golddigger's stand at the indoor show in febuary.