New Hydraulic Winch

saley

I did also wonder this, if its using the same pump, motor and gear ratios as the Milemarker Type R, what is the point??

Also is it my imagination or is it bloody HUGE? Still some excellent engineering there, no doubting that.

Yes its your imagination,I can make a standard size drum so if you have a 8274 mount it will fit so huge its not,

and can you explain WHAT IS THE POINT,If nobody had any new ideas about new products to offer into the world of off road then we would never progress,or follow the copy merchants and just buy carp imports all from the same factory and just re-badge it,

Anyone who competes know about the problems of the rope bunching,with this winch the extended slim shaft holds more rope (about 220 ft of 12mm) without it over filling the drum,and its hydraulic so it is very reliable and powerfull

2 speed box gives 100ft/min low gear 600ft/min high gear so 220ft rope is back in in seconds,

Come and see for yourself it will be on my stand at donnington 17 feb (GOLDDIGGER4X4)

Jim gigglepin got it spot on INOVATION not imatation

Hi Carl, hope you didn't take offence at my question. I just didn't see anywhere what you guys were setting out to do, and how it was different from an off-the shelf winch. Great to see some guys putting effort into something new!

Cheers, Al.

:)

None taken,It just bugs me when i get asked 'why bother' its my job and it pays my bills.

Hi guys,

Awesome- Very impressed- 220ft of 12mm... Mmmm... what are you going to call it?? Milemarker type bloody hell what a massive amount of plasma! How much will the production model be selling for?

Are you still running the hydraulic pump off a short prop from the crank? As you are significantly more blessed engineering wise than I am please can you sort a pump that is mounted on the engine and directly driven from the crank via a clutch- damn radiator is in the way on mine... I am sure there would be lots of takers for one without the dreaded chain of death al la type R... pppppllllllleeeeeaaaaasssssseeeee???!! :blush:

Shrek

Hi guys,

Awesome- Very impressed- 220ft of 12mm... Mmmm... what are you going to call it?? Milemarker type bloody hell what a massive amount of plasma! How much will the production model be selling for?

Are you still running the hydraulic pump off a short prop from the crank? As you are significantly more blessed engineering wise than I am please can you sort a pump that is mounted on the engine and directly driven from the crank via a clutch- damn radiator is in the way on mine... I am sure there would be lots of takers for one without the dreaded chain of death al la type R... pppppllllllleeeeeaaaaasssssseeeee???!! :blush:

Shrek

We should have a production price within 2 weeks and as for pumps etc we are looking at supplying direct drive pumps with all bits to go with it so anyone can get what they need from one place and as we allready run these know the best set up so can give sound advice

Just one of the advantages of the new winch

winch027.jpg

you can only do this with a over motor winch because you haven't got a drive shaft through the drum

winch028.jpg

and with a tube drum drilling to holes in it would weaken it dramatically, this drum is made of 50mm EN36 steel

Right i have had time to think so here is what i think the advantages are over the rest. some arn't unique to this only, but most are ;)

All made in GREAT BRITAIN :i-m_so_happy: (except bearings)

All gears and the drum run in roller / needle bearings (made in japan) free spooling a kid could pull the rope off

Hydraulic - constant power

2 speed -super fast speed for spooling in

Very large drum as standard 300mm wide = 200ft 12mm plus

with a 250mm wide drum (150ft 12mm plus) it matches the 8274 winch pattern so straight swap

rope clamp

Oil fill and drain plugs plus breather plug

If i,ve missed anything please let me know

PS. the retail cost of the winch will be unveiled friday/saturday

I probably couldn't justify it as I have a perfectly good Milemarker on my 110, but damn I would love one and will be interested to see what the price looks like :)

Also interested in any sort of engine driven pump arrangement. Especially if it can be made to fit a Milemarker at reasonable cost :)

Hopefully not teading on anyones toe's hear,

If you are intrested, Me and the old spot have got a direct drive set up a hydraulic pump with the dog clutch on the 200 tdi. We have managed to get it to fit with the existing radiator. It's mounted along with the engine, so there is no problem with the engine moving around, and we have tried to distory it, we took it to Ladoga and it's still running today with do modds. The Milemarker is in much worce shape. I think we pushed it abit to hard as we dragged a Volvo laplander round with us for quite some time. Still if it's any intrest to you, let me know and I will sort one out for you.

Love the winch,

Are you running an over center valve?

Did you say that you were ussing 1:1 and 6:1 ratio.

What engine rpm was the line speed taken at?

Hopefully not teading on anyones toe's hear,

If you are intrested, Me and the old spot have got a direct drive set up a hydraulic pump with the dog clutch on the 200 tdi. We have managed to get it to fit with the existing radiator. It's mounted along with the engine, so there is no problem with the engine moving around, and we have tried to distory it, we took it to Ladoga and it's still running today with do modds. The Milemarker is in much worce shape. I think we pushed it abit to hard as we dragged a Volvo laplander round with us for quite some time. Still if it's any intrest to you, let me know and I will sort one out for you.

Love the winch,

Are you running an over center valve?

Did you say that you were ussing 1:1 and 6:1 ratio.

What engine rpm was the line speed taken at?

I like the idea it sounds ideal for a lot of motor's and would like to see the setup.

yes i run over center valves

yes it's 1:1 and 6:1 ratio's but because the drum is only 50mm diameter on the first 2/3 layers it is less but on the top layers more as the drum is 200mm diameter, a 8274 is 180mm,MM is 150mm

rpm would be about 2500

It all sound good to me.

So the first few wraps have a greater line pull due to less torque applied to the motor, should pull line a train, and you can run 13mm dia plazma without reducing the length to much.

Have you managed to remove the potential to lock the gearbox in Hi and Low with is posible with the MM?

I think that shortly the old spot will publish the designe on Difflock, but if you wish to see it in the flesh I am sure that you will found us at the yard any weekend, just pm me and i'll get the old spot to give you directions. There are several calcualation that I must do before we post the design to make sure that it should work, and it's not just luck that it's not exploded yet.

I will post hear when the final info is on difflock, and try to get it posted hear as well.

Keep up the testing, and I would be very intrested to know how the seals last in swamp conditions, I hope that they hold up well, as cleaning the winch out every night on an event gets a little boaring.

Have you ever looked at the Land Rover hyd winch?

will any of these direct drive pump arrangements perchance fit a discovery? (engine seems to be a lot further forward in the chassis than a defender)

We are going to try to get it to fit into all types of engine, by the time we are in production we will have all info on the best set up for each truck.

We are going to try to get it to fit into all types of engine, by the time we are in production we will have all info on the best set up for each truck.

Horrah!... Bolt on 26cc/rev jobbie with 12v clutch to fit a Defender 200tdi would be rather nice :D

I have also been looking into the possibility of a box of electrickery that would automatically cut the clutch out when the engine rpm exceeds the max pump rpm... I believe a feed from the alternator would give a sine wave output whose frequency is proportional to its rpm?

Best of luck with the winch and the pump set ups guys- I have a feeling that you will do quite well!

Shrek

Right i have sat down and done the sums, and because everything is made in GB and not China the cost is a bit more than i expected but you only get what you pay for as they say.

The price for the bare winch is going to be£1495.00 inclusive

If anyone is interested in purchasing please PM me as i could do with a idea of numbers before i comit to ££££££££££££££££££'s of tooling :unsure:

Right i have sat down and done the sums, and because everything is made in GB and not China the cost is a bit more than i expected but you only get what you pay for as they say.

The price for the bare winch is going to be£1495.00 inclusive

If anyone is interested in purchasing please PM me as i could do with a idea of numbers before i comit to ££££££££££££££££££'s of tooling :unsure:

Frankly that is NOT expensive :huh:

The innovation, quality and benefits of this unit for that money is maybe even cheap :lol:.

But by the time you have the other "Bits and Bobs" its going to be spendier - but compare that to any of the other exotic stuff :)....and you'll prob still be smiling

Nige

PS May be worth say "What a bare" unit is - and what else they would need.- as not many will appreacite ........??

Frankly that is NOT expensive :huh:

The innovation, quality and benefits of this unit for that money is maybe even cheap :lol:.

But by the time you have the other "Bits and Bobs" its going to be spendier - but compare that to any of the other exotic stuff :)....and you'll prob still be smiling

Nige

PS May be worth say "What a bare" unit is - and what else they would need.- as not many will appreacite ........??

As ^^^ would be worth telling people exactly what they would be getting for that price and the exact spec... Would love to say that I will have one but cannot afford at the moment- may well be interested in a few years time- more interested in the pump side of things at the moment TBH.

Can someone also give the price of a bare MM type R winch and its specs for comparison- i.e with the high speed motor and deeper drum? I would see this as the closest item to compare with...

Cheers,

Shrek

As ^^^ would be worth telling people exactly what they would be getting for that price and the exact spec... Would love to say that I will have one but cannot afford at the moment- may well be interested in a few years time- more interested in the pump side of things at the moment TBH.

Can someone also give the price of a bare MM type R winch and its specs for comparison- i.e with the high speed motor and deeper drum? I would see this as the closest item to compare with...

Cheers,

Shrek

Hi Shrek,

You couldn't realy compare a MM to this it's like comparing a Jag to a mini

a MM bare winch with a large drum and the bits to go with it is about £650 inc vat (winch only)

large drum will only hold 100ft of 12mm and if it bunches it brakes the castings (i only ran 70ft and bent the tie bars)

if you were to compare it to something the nearest thing would be a very highly modified 8274

Ok, £1495. seam's like a good price......... but what do you get for that ??? and what else do i need to get it working, how much will that all cost???? and will you be doing a FULL kit........ if so how much???? No now't about oil driven winch's :(:P

Thinking about the next build....... :ph34r: