Scrapiron springs

Matt B

As far as I know the front springs should be like that due to older 90s having not only the driver, but also the fuel tank on the same side.

If you put the fronts on the wrong way round it will look OK, then when you fill up with fuel it will lean over. :)

(that's how I know fronts are left and right handed)

Richard

As far as I know the front springs should be like that due to older 90s having not only the driver, but also the fuel tank on the same side.

If you put them on the wrong way it will look fine, then when you fill up with fuel it will lean over. :)

Richard

Fantastic - thanks for that. My mate I got them off told me a similar story but I thought he was pulling my leg. :)

Matt

Second hand Scrapiron springs are available in a variety of lengths so I understand :lol:

Having got that cheap dig out of the way, yes it is normal on most LR vehicles for drivers side springs to be a half inch or so longer than the passengers side. Even on the vehicles with the tank at the back (in the middle).