Think I've got a problem

Looks to me like it's been blowing bottom of #2 cylinder and rear of #4?

Head gasket wasn't showing any signs of leakage and there's no burn marks on the head/block faces, hopefully it'll be going back together starting tomorrow evening :D

Wed evening, Got all the bits I need for the rebuild, started yesterday [Tuesday] evening, replacemant cam [ Thanks Les.] and followers are in, had to check the sliders were in the correct way as there marked 'Front' all checked out fine, block & head face cleaned up ready for refit, just changing the valve stem seals, as I have new ones so may as well use them, so far valves are fine, hopefully get that finished tomorrow & bolt the head/manifolds back in place, :D

Edited by western

Finished changing the valve stem seals last night, all the valves are fine-no bent ones :D

this afternoon I've cleaned the timing case ready for refit, cylinder head is now refitted with a new gasket & bolts torqued to the required setting, manifolds, turbo oil pipes, pushrods & rocker shaft all fitted :D

Tomorrow's job is to refit the timing case rear part, refit alternator, power steering pump, pulleys & timing belt [new] set the timng, valve gaps, and all the other bits ready for start-up :D

Edited by western

That's good Ralph, well done. First time I've ever re-profiled a camshaft with an angle grinder. Glad it worked! :D

Les. :)

you did a bl**dy good job then, valve caps set-up really easy, runs as well as before, :D

I'll take the intercooler to work and give it a good clean before bringing it up :D

Took my 110 to work today, first long run since it went duff, I'm well pleased it drove really well,plenty of grunt and as responsive as a 200Tdi can be :D just one little problem the oil temp gauge wanted to stay at the 'Hot' end of the scale a few words with the sender connector from Mr Pliers stopped that silly game :lol:

next weekend I'll do a oil/filter change,remove the sump for a good clean & clean the strainer of the oil pump :D