just fitted new wheels tyres- advice?

Hi all,

Had the landy a month now- loving it- just purchased and fitted a set of freestyles with bfg all terrain 265/75/16's. I have had to adjust the steering stops- they are now fully wound out but is still get a bit of a rub on full lock- any ideas why? or what i can do?

Secondly just wondered do i need to do anything about the speedo- will it be out? i was running standard factory steelies!

Thanks in advance

Tom

Hi all,

Had the landy a month now- loving it- just purchased and fitted a set of freestyles with bfg all terrain 265/75/16's. I have had to adjust the steering stops- they are now fully wound out but is still get a bit of a rub on full lock- any ideas why? or what i can do?

Secondly just wondered do i need to do anything about the speedo- will it be out? i was running standard factory steelies!

Thanks in advance

Tom

Alloys have a lot of in-set so closer to centre of vehicle. 265 boots are a bit wider than your previous tyres so add the 2 together and the inside edge of the tyre hits the hockey stick radius arm on full lock. Something you live with if you want 265 section on alloys!

Depends on the wheel.

My ZU alloys have the same offset as my old Mangle modulars and the turning circle is excelent, far better than Boost's or as it sounds in this case, Freestyle's.

Maybe your only option is spacers, what is the distance between the outer edge of the tyre and the edge of the eyebrow?

thanks for all your comments guys, i will see about getting slightly longer stop bolts- the tyres are only just touching- its literally a mm or two!

Tyres are sitting inside of the eyebrows so no problms there!

Think i will live with it as they look soooo much better than before!