More Aldi special deals

Orange

This Thursday's offers on the Aldi website

Anyone need a cheap electric hoist?? Could be useful for hauling your rolling chassis into/out of the garage...

They also have what look like a set of disposable ratchet spanners....at that price, they can't be much else! Not going to matter too much if they get covered in mud etc...

Mods: Wasn't sure where to put this.... Please feel free to move it to T&F or Class. if necessary!

It totally depends on the quality of the thing. Machine mart's closest one is

quite similar at £58.73

If it is as it says, then it is a good deal. If it is made from cheese, then I guess it isn't. It totally depends what you want to do with it.

I bought one last year, as "quick use" machine rather than set up the big boy, its fine for most jobbing jobs, build quality is ok. Squeels when given heavy loads, but most do!

I've had an Aldi drill press for a while now and apart from the above mentioned bed flex it's

been good. No huge problem to support it on a bit of old 3x3".

The organisers with the lid are excellent. Bought two last time they were in and wished I'd got

more then so am chuffed they're back. The equivalent Stanley etc are over a tenner.

I`ve bought a few Aldi specials and had no problems with them, they`re great if your`e on a tight budget and quite suitable for the home fixes(read bodges)most of us do.

I`ll be paying a visit thursday, well the wife will.

Foxminer.

I've got one of those hoists. I use it for pulling the rr into the garage, my drive has a gradient that means 3 of use can't push a vehicle in.

The hoist needs the supplied pulley to give 2:1, it struggles on a 1:1 pull. The hand switch is on a pretty short lead.

It has been worth its weight in gold though. I might buy a spare.

I was waiting for the comments about the chinese food, but I honestly thought better of you Mr Stumpy!!! :rolleyes:

My humble apologies Mr Orange for the ruthless highjacking of your informative thread.

I will be sure to consider the wider audience before offering any additional culinery advise.

One would however require the hoist, plus pulley, to get ones self out of the chair following a bought of my culinery delights :P

I've got a shiney new bench drill :) Nice one, Adrian.

Mo

I've got a shiny new bench drill, some ratsheet spanners and an organiser - all for less than £50. I am over the moon with all of them - at that price you can't go wrong! Thanks everyone :)

The spanners feel fine BTW no notchiness in the action - will just have to see how long they last.

TwoSheds

The spanners feel fine BTW no notchiness in the action - will just have to see how long they last.

TwoSheds

I decided that the ratchet spanners were a little disappointing! They seemed to need an awful lot of turn (like over 1/8) before the ratchet clicked to the next step, if you know what I mean. That means they are next to useless in most situations that a ratchet spanner is particularly useful, i.e. where there is very little room to turn a normal spanner.

Just my 2p

I did pick up some WD40 and some organisers. Was very tempted by the pillar/bench drill, but didn't buy one. I'll probably regret it!!

Well I got some WD40 (force of habit :lol: ) and a drill press. For the money you really cannot fault it.

The bliss of drilling 13mm diameter holes from scratch through 8mm plate without breaking sweat!! No more beating the life out of the hand drill :)

I even cut a 48mm hole through the same plate with a hole saw. Had to go slowly though as it often stalled due to the large radius. Wil be trying the toothpaste on the belts trick :blink: that GBMUD recommended to see if that gives more oomph.

Tried my first bird mouth on a bit of tube too and that came out brilliantly, if again a little slowly. Still, beggars cannot be choosers and for the money I am very pleased.

Nice one Adrian!!

Of course the ratchet spanners are no match for the Halfords Professional range which have (approx) 72 clicks per revolution, but they do have (approx) 45 clicks per rev which is pretty fair for £2 each IMHO...

I bought one last time they were for sale and never used it as i alresdy have a larger one :blink:

give us a tenner and it yours

Too late unfortunately - but I bet it won't be long before somebody on here takes it off your hands...

Of course the ratchet spanners are no match for the Halfords Professional range which have (approx) 72 clicks per revolution, but they do have (approx) 45 clicks per rev which is pretty fair for £2 each IMHO...

I must have selected some particularly rubbish sets to check, then. I couldn't even find a decent set when I went back to buy a drill!!!

Might have to have a bit more of a rummage in the crate when I'm close by on Monday....

Cheers Orange,

Went to Aldi to day and bought the Drill and Grinder/belt sander, both items i have needed.

Apart from the casting on the drill base being the worst I have ever seen the rest looks reasonable.

How can they make it for £35? the materials alone cost more than the selling price.

Marc