Hot water and pressure washers...

Matt B

X-Eng probably don't have a clause in their handbrake instructions that says "do not use this product for handbrake turns" either but I doubt he would be over impressed if somebody took one back and complained they broke it doing that!

X-Eng probably don't have a clause in their handbrake instructions that says "do not use this product for handbrake turns" either but I doubt he would be over impressed if somebody took one back and complained they broke it doing that!

That's a bit different as you know you are misusing it. I didn't know it was wrong to use the hot tap with my pressure washer, infact I still don't know that it is, I checked the manual and it doesn't say anything about the temp of water to use. You can use water out of a butt etc with an optional etc, so I don't see why anyone would think hot water was wrong.

I've used mine with warm water just to stop my hands freezing and it's been fine (it's a karcher) I plumbed my outside tap in using a Y piece, there are then two washing machine type lever taps on the hot and cold, this allows me to switch the outside tap off altogether to stop it freezing and allows me to add some hot water into the mix to warm my hands up.

I still don't see anything wrong and if mine broke during the warranty period I wouldn't feel guilty taking it back

Just to clear it all up - I just looked on the Karcher Website where they have manuals to download.

I checked in 3 of them at random and all three say max water temp 40 degress C.

So in summary to answer the original posters question, it is fine to use hot water as long as the supply temp doesn't exceed 40 degrees C, it must also be able to sustain a min supply volume of 10 litres per minute.

Hope that clears it up!