2 1/4 Carbs

OWL

Owl & Philbert - crikey, I've got a queue now! :lol:

I'll do some thinking and work out some numbers, not having a 2.25 here to "prototype" on may complicate things a little, if you were able to get the adapter plate as per Edward's post made up and bolt the TBI on so you're happy with it it would save me a lot of faffing this end. Perhaps it's worth doing a forum group buy and getting a few made? I'm more than happy with wiring, plumbing, and tuning though.

Hi Fridge.

I would also like to jump on the train if possible please :rolleyes: , mine is a 2,5 Petrol later a 2,95 Petrol, I have thought about MS for a long time but ended up with to many Question marks so had actually almost jumped to DTA wich I know.

But the price on the MS really do attract me.

Kind regards

Ole.

Philbert

I'm just looking at buying a Turner Engine, Whats your ACR like ?

What spec did you get 8:1 , 9:1

Fridge, It worth doing the figures to see what come like, I was deffinatly going to get rid of the distributer as well,

Hi Owl

got the 9.1 stage 2.1 engine .still running it in but it seems like it will be nice.

Was it just the head or engine as well, and if so which cam shaft, the "power Plus"

owl it was the whole engine with the power plus cam.

didnt want to go to all that expense on parts and build it myself only to make an arse of it :lol:

owl it was the whole engine with the power plus cam.

didnt want to go to all that expense on parts and build it myself only to make an arse of it :lol:

Totally agree, I'm just a bit worried that its more of a road engine and won't have a low end torque for off roading, whats the control like on, did you have the SU carb kit as well ?

Totally agree, I'm just a bit worried that its more of a road engine and won't have a low end torque for off roading, whats the control like on, did you have the SU carb kit as well ?

i spoke to roland at Acr about the engine before ordering he told me loads more torque at lower speeds etc.

its much torqueyer (sic) now than it ever was.the engine is well tight as im only 400mile into a 2500 running in period but im impressed with it.

before i had the carb kit and exhaust with a turner head and 4.7 diffs.

now ive got the Acr engine and 3.54 diffs and it would beat it hands down even at running in limits

plus at the last check im getting 21mpg!!

only down side is the price oh and the ****ty paint job on the engine!