Toyota

MogLite

Definitive expedition vehicle????

There is only one... the 78 Series Land Cruiser Troop Carrier.

28350.jpg

Partime 4 wheel drive, transfer case, beam axles, leaf springs (only at the rear now I think), twin tanks/180 litres as standard, 4.2 litre Turbo diesel, twin spare tyre conversion for the rear doors. It DOES NOT get better than that.

Don't get me wrong... I love Land Rovers, and have been brought up with them in Africa during the 60's and 70's. I've had my Series II SWB petrol for 14 years, love it to biots, and hope I never have to get rid of her.

But if I had to do a transglobe expedition, or needed a proper 4x4 to do a job of work, it would be a 78 Series Troopie... the vehicles are awesome.

If you need one on a budget, buy a used one in Australia, from inland where it hasn'r been exposed to salt. Oh, I've just seen the above 2 posts... proves my point about Toyota's!!! What an awesome tour... congratulations Liliana and Emil!!!

Effortless.

Definitive expedition vehicle????

There is only one... the 78 Series Land Cruiser Troop Carrier.

28350.jpg

Partime 4 wheel drive, transfer case, beam axles, leaf springs (only at the rear now I think), twin tanks/180 litres as standard, 4.2 litre Turbo diesel, twin spare tyre conversion for the rear doors. It DOES NOT get better than that.

Don't get me wrong... I love Land Rovers, and have been brought up with them in Africa during the 60's and 70's. I've had my Series II SWB petrol for 14 years, love it to biots, and hope I never have to get rid of her.

But if I had to do a transglobe expedition, or needed a proper 4x4 to do a job of work, it would be a 78 Series Troopie... the vehicles are awesome.

If you need one on a budget, buy a used one in Australia, from inland where it hasn'r been exposed to salt. Oh, I've just seen the above 2 posts... proves my point about Toyota's!!! What an awesome tour... congratulations Liliana and Emil!!!

Effortless.

Apart from the fact that most ourback towns coppers are changing these for defender 130's as they are alot better in their words than the troppie. Which untill this year has only come in 2 door with cart springs and carp engines :rolleyes:

Still the Abo's choice of truck where they put 25 of them in them and carp and tiddle inside them :o