Baby Seats (newborn)

sotal

We've just bought a buggy/pushchair/pram/car seat thing for our baby which is on it's way.

The car seat fits in our other car, but the seat belts aren't long enough in the disco!

Anyone know anyway to fit them in? Not sure if front seat belt is long enough but it says I can't fit it with the front airbag anyway. Can I disable the airbags? Don't even know if they work the SRS light is always on. Would unplugging them disable them?

To be honest I don't think it's worth £100 for only needing it for 6 months.

I've got family with a couple other seats which I'll try - if none fit I'll see how much of an inconvenience it is just using the other car. If the worst comes to the worst I'll sell the disco and buy a reliable car instead

To be honest I don't think it's worth £100 for only needing it for 6 months.

I've got family with a couple other seats which I'll try - if none fit I'll see how much of an inconvenience it is just using the other car. If the worst comes to the worst I'll sell the disco and buy a reliable car instead

Thats a bit drastic, I have the same problem, I just take my 3 boys out and leave the Misses and my daughter (4 weeks) at home,

Or you could try putting the baby seat on the front seat

Thats a bit drastic, I have the same problem, I just take my 3 boys out and leave the Misses and my daughter (4 weeks) at home,

Or you could try putting the baby seat on the front seat

I've got airbags in the front so it can't go on the front seat. It's not that drastic I don't plan to keep the disco that long anyway - just got to think of a replacement. I always fancied a Discovery - now I've had one and found out all the rumours are true about reliability! I've got my Series 2A and that is a lot more reliable (less to break) - I think the Disco would be a money pit if I kept it.

Freeagent - yes I've seen those clip in bases, mainly for the Graco ones. We'll probably just use the other car for the minute

My 2p worth....I found Halfords really helpful for Child (baby) seats.

We bought a Britax one as it was about the only one we could find to fit the Disco 1.

That said, because the side of the child seat is really close to the seatbelt fastner (when on the rear seat), on occassion the belt has managed to pop free (and not down to a faulty belt!).

So I'd advise anyone with a child seat in their Disco to check that the belt has not popped from its fastner!

I've got airbags in the front so it can't go on the front seat. It's not that drastic I don't plan to keep the disco that long anyway - just got to think of a replacement. I always fancied a Discovery - now I've had one and found out all the rumours are true about reliability! I've got my Series 2A and that is a lot more reliable (less to break) - I think the Disco would be a money pit if I kept it.

Airbags, you Capitalist!!

Was only kidding about being drastic, I am already looking to replace my Disco with a 110 CSW, I write this while touching wood, but for the last 25,000 miles my Disco hs run like a dream,

Cheers,

Neil

hi i had this problem last year it should fit in the front seat. but most older disco's rear belts are too short i took a good front belt and put it in the back( i used a front drivers side and put it on the back passagers side. it past the last MOT like it but i had a spear seat belt so that work for me as i didn't have to buy one.

Tim