Sorry, one more. Sand ladder/ramp question

Rodewaryer

I have found a set of ATV ramps, 5'X16" (1.5mX40cm) that have a 10K lb (4.5 Kilo) capacity for $330 US (around 150 quid). They have a slight curve to them as they are designed to be an ATV ramp for trailers, they seem like they'd be excellent to strap to the side of the roof rack as sand ladders (or whatever the common term for them is....) especially here in the desert for track washouts. Do these sound do-able or would you more experienced blokes suggest the longer but narrower 7.5'X12" (2.2mX19cm) 6,500 lb capacity (2.7 Kilo) ones (they're asking around 225 pounds for this set)?

I have found a set of ATV ramps, 5'X16" (1.5mX40cm) that have a 10K lb (4.5 Kilo) capacity for $330 US (around 150 quid). They have a slight curve to them as they are designed to be an ATV ramp for trailers, they seem like they'd be excellent to strap to the side of the roof rack as sand ladders (or whatever the common term for them is....) especially here in the desert for track washouts. Do these sound do-able or would you more experienced blokes suggest the longer but narrower 7.5'X12" (2.2mX19cm) 6,500 lb capacity (2.7 Kilo) ones (they're asking around 225 pounds for this set)?

I can sell you a set of fibreglass sat-mats for £50 but no idea of shipping to the states! See if you can find a company making fibreglass grating as used on marinas and oil-rig floors. Thats what we all use over here at a fraction of the cost you describe

Like this

http://www.fibreglassgrating.co.uk/

and one stateside for you!

http://www.amgrating.com/?gclid=CKXzts7PoJECFQQvlAod-l7ruw

Give em a shout and see what happens

Well, I need to be able to traverse open gaps, the rail/ladder/ramp or whatever they're called needs to literally support the weight of the vehicle over an open space. I see what you're on about and it looks excellent for soft surfaces but whilst the load data they show is plenty of info (or for me, too much Haa Haa) I'm not sure that's what I was looking for.