ICE anyone know anything about 38a

Ivan

An aquaintance of mine has a 38a Rangie. It's fitted with the Harman Kardon (sp?) ICE system. He is after some information on how to make it use a separate Amp and the standard speaker system. So anyone got a wiring diagram or know anything about this system ? As for me I know naff all about ICE etc. :rolleyes:

TIA

Ivan

I also know nothing about ICE, but I've seen plenty of people post about it wrt the 38A. I suggest researching the topic on www.rangerovers.net, or join the 38A forum on that site and ask again, but do make sure you say you are UK based.

It is an American site, but there are plenty of useful English speaking contributors as well :-))

Cheers.

hi,

In my humble opinion, the best course of action is to buy a new head unit for starters. You can get an excellent quality one now for around the 200quid mark. The more recent head units will also plug straight in with all the gubbins supplied with the stereo.

Next best thing then is to fit some better quality speakers. I know harmon-cardon were excellent but im pretty sure they didnt make all the bits in your mates Range Rover. Some of the aftermarket speakers now are of excellent quality and can fantastically improve the sounds quality. its my intention to do the same in my P38 when i get round to it but the quality is so good already I havent bothered yet.

With regards to a sub, with his newly bought head unit (!) he can power a sub independantly of the rest of the system. Buying a kit that includes the amp / speaker(s) / bass box and wiring is the best way forward if he's not too happy with wiring and stuff.

The bonus with the Range Rover is that because of its size and insulation you can really get some good quality sound out of it.

PM me if you need more info

Regards

Dave

P.S. a quality ICE system is a real benefit with the P38, gives you something to listen to whilst broken down!

P.S. a quality ICE system is a real benefit with the P38, gives you something to listen to whilst broken down!

:hysterical:

Thanks for that Dave I'll pass the information on and hopefully we acn sort something. Would you have a number he can call so he can explain what he wants more clearly ?

Rgds

Ivan