NO SORTOUTS IN 2008

PaulMc

Abingdon, the 4x4 show is already there, the venue is probably big enough AFAIK/remember. There is 4x4 track for those who want it, combine with the festival and raise money for charity too.

Make Sodbury@Abingdon a proper 2 day event, which makes it easier for those visiting from afar.

If the selling was spread out over 2 days then it might also mean less traffic issues.

Only issue might the porta-poos which are at Abingdon

Abingdon, the 4x4 show is already there, the venue is probably big enough AFAIK/remember. There is 4x4 track for those who want it, combine with the festival and raise money for charity too.

Make Sodbury@Abingdon a proper 2 day event, which makes it easier for those visiting from afar.

If the selling was spread out over 2 days then it might also mean less traffic issues.

Only issue might the porta-poos which are at Abingdon

Now THAT IS A BRILLIANT IDEA

I had an email from the old sod team today after i sent them some thoughts - and pointed them to this thread as a means of what the real thoughts were - so keep the feedback and thoughts re locations coming - you never know - we may be being watched!

Wroughton is an excellent idea - not too far from the existing site, plenty of run off from the main road, yet close to the M4.

I used to attend the Classic Car Show there and traffic in and out was often slow, but didn't have the impact on the surrounding area Sodbury does.

Don't like 2 days though, would stop the 'run in and grab as much as you can' ethos :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

As regular overseas visitor, could one of you tell me what is the current situation with the sortout and if there is a good alternative offered?

thanks, Henk

There was a post on here a few days ago about one in oxford i think , 22 March i believe

Paul

I vote for Daedalus Airfield, they've got to do something with it since the MOD seem to have lost interest. It's big, it's empty, it's by the seaside (literally the front entrance leads into the sea!), and it's only a short distance to push a wheelbarrow full of parts from my house :lol:

Fridge that is the by far the silliest idea ever put on this forum!

You can't have kids 5th birthday party in Gosport without the extra traffic causing chaos :) bring that many landrovers in would probably cause the entire M27 to collapse under the backlog or the country to tip up and Gosport drown.

Perhaps we need a new thread of top worst places to have an event :). I think Gosport is beat by anywhere within the M25 though.... Actually, is the london to brighton still possible with the LEZ?

You can't have kids 5th birthday party in Gosport without the extra traffic causing chaos :) bring that many landrovers in would probably cause the entire M27 to collapse under the backlog or the country to tip up and Gosport drown.

Perhaps we need a new thread of top worst places to have an event :). I think Gosport is beat by anywhere within the M25 though.... Actually, is the london to brighton still possible with the LEZ?

just butting in i am living in ireland but originate from gloucester could some one explain LEZ

also wat about the three counties show ground in malvern or have they built houses on it yet :o

Oh i don't know i think Hayling Island would be a worse place to hold it than Gosport :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ali,

I do stand corrected, I forgot Hayling only had 1 road in and out :D The ramblers might hatch a plan to sever the link and keep all the landys in one spot though, dangerous option, though at least it would be the right place to retire them into.

Would Isle of Wight be worse than Hayling or Gosport? Certainly more expensive to get the motor to....