Lucas Cav DPS Injection

Serious Series

Has anyone any info on removal of top of this pump . Removed mine to replace worn accelerator spindle and seals unfortunately afeter refitting my engine is over revving on start, :o looks like I have got something in wrong place.Very tricky with three spindles to align.

My Engine is 15J Sherpa but pump is same as Defender physically.

Managed to get it back together and engine running but even with new seals and spindle still leaking diesel I will have to obtain new top as this must be worn too.

Not sure if DPs pump same as DPA early version but it looks exactly like DPA fitted to 90/110 diesels

Couple of pics linked in showing what acts where in case they can help anyone else.

When refitting lid push accelerator spinle through and ensure levers A and C engage in correct position.

A can be proved by pushing linkage through stop stud hole .

If you rotate accelerator spindle anti clockwise then rotate C you will see accelerator spindle move if it is engaged correctly.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj166/p.../Cavpumplid.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj166/p...ver/CavPump.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Managed to get it back together and engine running but even with new seals and spindle still leaking diesel I will have to obtain new top as this must be worn too.

Not sure if DPs pump same as DPA early version but it looks exactly like DPA fitted to 90/110 diesels

Couple of pics linked in showing what acts where in case they can help anyone else.

When refitting lid push accelerator spinle through and ensure levers A and C engage in correct position.

If you rotate accelerator spindle anti clockwise then rotate C you will see accelerator spindle move if it is engaged correctly.

Hi there, new to these forums! Does anyone have any futher information/pictures/places to get parts for this pump? My LR90 has got a major leak from the injection pump and I gotta fix it with minimal funds and space! All help and advice greatly apprechiated. Advice on where the leak is coming from would also be good - the entire pump appears to be covered in diesel.

Many Thanks,

Robin

dpa_pump_manual.pdf

Hi there, new to these forums! Does anyone have any futher information/pictures/places to get parts for this pump? My LR90 has got a major leak from the injection pump and I gotta fix it with minimal funds and space! All help and advice greatly apprechiated. Advice on where the leak is coming from would also be good - the entire pump appears to be covered in diesel.

Many Thanks,

Robin

If your landrover is a 90 what year and engine size?parts probably still easy to get best wash pump off with gunk or hot soapy watger then look for leaks if its accelerator spindle operate priming pump on fuel pump and you should be able to spot where its leaking from.

I have tried attaching a manual for DPA pump not sure if it will attach?

Check air bleed bolt on top of pump as if this is loose you can easy fix it.

The 90/110 pump is a DPS. Does anyone here know where i can get a new top for mine, or at least what size the o-ring is for the spindles? I have a serious leak, and am in need of some information before i take the pump apart and disable my car!

Many Thanks,

Robin

dpa_pump_manual.pdf

If your landrover is a 90 what year and engine size?parts probably still easy to get best wash pump off with gunk or hot soapy watger then look for leaks if its accelerator spindle operate priming pump on fuel pump and you should be able to spot where its leaking from.

I have tried attaching a manual for DPA pump not sure if it will attach?

Check air bleed bolt on top of pump as if this is loose you can easy fix it.

It is a 1984 2495 N/A Diesel. I have checked the bleed bolt, it didn't appear to be coming from there - I will try the priming pump trick when I get a chance. How similar is the DPA to the DPS? And I am amazed at how quickly this leak has turned from a minor annoyance to a serious leak, is this likely to suggest that the top of the IP is worn?

It is a 1984 2495 N/A Diesel. I have checked the bleed bolt, it didn't appear to be coming from there - I will try the priming pump trick when I get a chance. How similar is the DPA to the DPS? And I am amazed at how quickly this leak has turned from a minor annoyance to a serious leak, is this likely to suggest that the top of the IP is worn?

The accelerator spindle and other spindles just have an O ring fitted once passing will get worse quickly.

I have repaired one spindle on my with a o ring from and O ring kit purchased from RS components.

Paid £25 for accelerator spindle and new seal.

Upon further investigation, i have worked out where the leaks are actually coming from...

The top of the stop solenoid

The throttle spindle

The governer spindle

The bleed screw(which is tight)

The fuel return line.

I think i need a new one...