ROCKSLIDERS – REPLACING THE SILLS.

ROCKSLIDERS – REPLACING THE SILLS.

I am planning on replacing the sills on my landrover rebuild with rocksliders I fabricate myself. I am planning on using steel C-section with some filets for strength. I am not sure how best to connect the rocksliders/replacement sills using the existing sill fittings, will these be strong enough? If not, does anyone have any suggestions of how to provide additional support?

tHE SLIDERS USUALLY ATTACH TO THE CHASSIS VIA THE FRONT OUTRIGGER SECURING BOLT IN THE FRONT & THE REAR SLIDES INSIDE THE REAR TUB OUTRIGGER. I had off the shelf items & they were difficult to fit, had to reposition the front bracket & took ages to remove the corrosion from the rear tube to insert the rear tube of the slider. With hindsight I wish Id fabricated my own but couldnt be asked at the time. My sliders are 50mmx75mm bow. Plenty strong enough to take the knocks & jack up on. Have a look on various suppliers website to see different style & make up what suits your needs best.

Good luck Adrian

tHE SLIDERS USUALLY ATTACH TO THE CHASSIS VIA THE FRONT OUTRIGGER SECURING BOLT IN THE FRONT & THE REAR SLIDES INSIDE THE REAR TUB OUTRIGGER. I had off the shelf items & they were difficult to fit, had to reposition the front bracket & took ages to remove the corrosion from the rear tube to insert the rear tube of the slider. With hindsight I wish Id fabricated my own but couldnt be asked at the time. My sliders are 50mmx75mm bow. Plenty strong enough to take the knocks & jack up on. Have a look on various suppliers website to see different style & make up what suits your needs best.

Good luck Adrian

Thanks for the response Adrian. Do you have any photos you would not mind sharing?

I have quiet a few things on the list, but this is one of the ones I looking forward to sort.

Cheers

F.