whats this cable

Hi ,

The first pic (single wire) is engine water temp , sender is either in the thermostat hsg or maybe on the top of the head at the rear near the heater pipe , the second (2 wires) is probably for the brake fluid resevoir float switch, colours don't look right tho......

hth

Cheers

Steveb

Hi ,

The first pic (single wire) is engine water temp , sender is either in the thermostat hsg or maybe on the top of the head at the rear near the heater pipe , the second (2 wires) is probably for the brake fluid resevoir float switch, colours don't look right tho......

hth

Cheers

Steveb

Thanks Steveb

The green wire you said is for themostat is already connected to the top of engine as in pic. Is it possible it is to give both options and is an extra cable

post-4840-1202239550_thumb.jpg

Thanks Steveb

The green wire you said is for themostat is already connected to the top of engine as in pic. Is it possible it is to give both options and is an extra cable

Just for the record. Both my former 2,5 n/a and my present 2,5 td have that connector sitting unused, and no obvious sender to connect it to.

Thanks Steveb

that wire is for the tep sender(if you have a 200TDI) if you pull it back and take the rear wire of and put that one on you tep sender it will still work. as red90 sead No point having different looms. one loom many cars.

Tim

You lot lied..

You have been saying for years how these diseasels only need one wire to run and yet here we have proof that they in fact have loads of them. Some are like the V8 ones and then you go and have spares in case the first ones get hurt or grazed....

Next you are gonna tell me you have wiring looms, temperature sensors, Fuel gauges & ECU's I'll wager too !!!

So in reality you are just trying to say they are different but don't want to admit it's just that you are 4 cylinders short.....

:)

Neil