Non-landy Fabrication Question..

need4speed

Ive been working on my motorbike lately - been busy mirrror polishing the ally frame and swingarm. The swingarm has some ugly 6mm holes in it where ive done away with some unnecessary bracketry. What id like some of you fabrication gurus to tell me is, is there any way i can somehow fill the holes with something and re-polish it to make it look like the holes were never there?

Tap holes to suitable size, (m8?). Die down some aluminium bar, (same thread), bang side of bar with a hammer to deform it. This will lock it into place when you screw it into tapped holes. Cut down to just above frame, file to frame then begin the polishing again.

Hope this makes sense?

Tap holes to suitable size, (m8?). Die down some aluminium bar, (same thread), bang side of bar with a hammer to deform it. This will lock it into place when you screw it into tapped holes. Cut down to just above frame, file to frame then begin the polishing again.

Hope this makes sense?

Cool idea. I understand what you mean, the only thing that concerns me is the 'bang side of bar' bit. The swingarm alloy isnt really thick. Id be worried about deforming the alloy around the hole when hammering the aluminium bar, or am i getting the wrong idea?