'O's Hoe's & Hose

simonr

The bottom radiator hoses on LR's - what is the internal diameter of the hose, give or take?

Are they all more or less the same? If not, what range of sizes is there - or where would I find out?

TIA

Si

Let';s narrow it down first; which LR are you referring to, Freelander, Early Range Rover, Series 3 Discovery, 101 or the rare centre steer prototype etc.?

Series 3 radiator is 35 mm internal diameter, Rover v8 P6 engine are 38 mm internal diameter. I cannot help with any other LRs.

Let';s narrow it down first; which LR are you referring to, Freelander, Early Range Rover, Series 3 Discovery, 101 or the rare centre steer prototype etc.?

Definatly the rare centre steer prototype! :)

Both my defenders are 38mm for both the top & bottom hoses - and I wondered if they were the same across disco's & RR's as well (and even 101's).

I may have found a cheap source for silicone hose - but you need to buy probably 10 vehicles worth to make it worthwhile getting it shipped. Looks very bling!

Mark - that would be good if you find yourself in there weilding a ruler!

Si

I may have found a cheap source for silicone hose - but you need to buy probably 10 vehicles worth to make it worthwhile getting it shipped. Looks very bling!

cheap blingy hose - I'd be interested if you can get hose to connect series 3 rad (35 mm) to v8 water pump (38 mm) with a 45 degree bend it.