Rear crossmember repair panels

Matt B

Just a quickie.

I believe there to be two main manufacturers of pattern rear crossmembers for the 90. One is carp, the other is good from what I have been told, but I can't remember which is which and who sells which one.

Has anyone got experience of these that is prepared to offer advice?

Matt

and I'll 2nd that

when Jon came over and I helped him fit it I was horrified at the thinness of the metal (:P NO REAALY - absolutely dreadfull) and the fact that the legs were so far out (about nearly a inch out of alignment). Frankly it was near junk irrespective of how cheap it was - and it wasn't cheap and they did the "whistle in the wind and we are not listening" technique when he complained

The "Andrex" of LR Crossmember suppliers and customer [dis]service :(

Nige

I have bought a few chassis parts from Paddock Spares and they were really good. I had two chassis front members and two outriggers. Maybe ask around about Paddock's stuff and see if they are the ones who stock the good items.

Mike

do you mean the weld in panels or just like the masking ones so it pass' its MOT ?

i had the masking ones on mine.. actually still have just under the windscreen.

do you mean the weld in panels or just like the masking ones so it pass' its MOT ?

i had the masking ones on mine.. actually still have just under the windscreen.

No the weld in ones, infact it needs a whole rear 1/4.

Matt