HELP - GREMLINS RUN AMOK

NegevLandRover

Having a rough time at the moment. The old thing (1994 200 TDI now running a 300 TDI) has done 720 K and is really pretty reliable but over the past month everything has gone a bit belly up:

5th and reverse gears disintegrated for no apparent reason > "new" gear box

two month old re-furbished starter stoped starting > another re-furbished starter which did not even last a day > another re-furbished starter - so far so good

problem with front left head light - had to change the plug where the bulb sits

now I appear to have a leak from the fuel tank - anyone know why and from where the tank may develop a leak near it's top and out of sight ?? Seems to leak more when full so I doubt it has anything to do with the pipes. Is there a specific point up there that is prone to leaking.

any input would be much appreciated.

TIA

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

And tha saga continues..........

So the fuel tank proved to be DEAD - the seal between the two halves was shot. Put in a brand new galvanized Canadian tank made for Defenders. If it will deal with the Canadian winters and the salt they lay on the roads over there then it should last a life time in these parts.

But still have the Gremlin - today the front drive shaft UJ disintegrated as I was climbing out of a steep riverbed - OUCH !! The passenger sitting in the front seat got a real fright when the loose end slaped the floor beneath his feet. Fortunately I was in 1st low at the time and it only went around a couple of times before I stoped. No real damage, saving the drive shaft that is which is DEAD now. New one in already and rearing for work in the morning. I pray that the shaft killed the Gremlin on it's flaying journey to the next world.

Can't afford to keep the Gremlin.....

Put in a brand new galvanized Canadian tank made for Defenders. If it will deal with the Canadian winters and the salt they lay on the roads over there then it should last a life time in these parts.

I fitted one of those tanks end of last year, really difficult on your own.

Put in a brand new galvanized Canadian tank made for Defenders. If it will deal with the Canadian winters and the salt they lay on the roads over there then it should last a life time in these parts.

I could do with one of those but have not seen them advertiseed.....who supplies them?

:)

Bob.

I could do with one of those but have not seen them advertiseed.....who supplies them?

:)

Bob.

Sorry Bob but I rather suspect that my source will not be of much use to you as I am along way away from you.

Adam