Help name needed

saley

Had fun with this...

From a sales point of view the name should be somewhat onomatopoeic...

It looks mean, it looks like it won’t give in and is blessed with raw power that will pull you out of anything…

A Serious looking machine

So I was thinking of something like this:

post-892-1202838821_thumb.jpg

post-892-1202838881_thumb.jpg

post-892-1202839474_thumb.jpg

It makes sense ot give it an emotive name along with informative numbers so that as some one said earlier it can be identified. But more so that if there ends up being a few different models to choose from a prospective buyer looking at a website or brochure knows straight away that the 300 provides 300ftlbs to the 200's 200ftlb etc (I know nothing about the ratings of winches :lol: )

That kinda gives you a clue to the emotive word too, like you could call it the Hyrda 200, Hydra 300

Or

HyDraw 200

Or Draulic 200

Reminds me of a joke:

What's the difference between a Giraffe and a JCB? A JCB has Hydraulics and a Giraffe has high bollix :lol:

I kill me :ph34r:

I would go for Vampire or Vampyre H12000...

... as its fuelled by warm red juices and would probably leave you for dead if you messed with it :rolleyes:

Plus as Fridge suggested you could probably get 'moist' into your sales blurb which is always a good thing :ph34r:

Had fun with this...

From a sales point of view the name should be somewhat onomatopoeic...

It looks mean, it looks like it won’t give in and is blessed with raw power that will pull you out of anything…

A Serious looking machine

So I was thinking of something like this:

I love the idea of using my name.

Do I get royaties too. :lol::ph34r:

Gorilla Power always gets me out of the s**t !!!

Andy

Fridge's suggestion made me laugh out loud! He does have a knack for that though!

If it were my product - out of all the above - I would call it the Hydra. That ticks most of the boxes.

• Easy to remember
  • Tie in to mean mythalogical creature
  • Lots of domain names available including Hydra and Winch
  • Obvious association with "Hydraulic"
  • Doesn't make you sound like a twonk when you tell your friends you've just bought one.

Si

The hydra is a pretty good name:

Hydra

The Hydra which lived in the swamps near to the ancient city of Lerna in Argolis, was a terrifying monster which like the Nemean lion was the offspring of Echidna (half maiden - half serpent), and Typhon (had 100 heads), other versions think that the Hydra was the offspring of Styx and the Titan Pallas. The Hydra had the body of a serpent and many heads (the number of heads deviates from five up to one hundred there are many versions but generally nine is accepted as standard), of which one could never be harmed by any weapon, and if any of the other heads were severed another would grow in its place (in some versions two would grow). Also the stench from the Hydra's breath was enough to kill man or beast (in other versions it was a deadly venom). When it emerged from the swamp it would attack herds of cattle and local villagers, devouring them with its numerous heads. It totally terrorized the vicinity for many years.

Another vote here for Arnold..... or perhaps "Brian"? :ph34r:

Or take "Carl" and "Saley" and go for a CS12H (for hydro) or SC12H. Not sure I am proportioning credit / blame to the right people , but you get the gist!

Surely the name should echo what the product is but be memorable and catchy,

Winch 12000 -> WENDY 12000

or maybe

Hydraulic Winch 12000 -> HAIRY WENDY 12000