Stealers and real stealers

Thys

After my sock experience, and the subsequint repairs, my Discovry really ran like clockwork. however I noted an ever increasing plume of grey/black smoke when idling, and an ever increasing plume of black smoke when she works hard.

The final came on Sunday when exiting the freeway, she made some loud knocking noise and lost power. I nursed her home, and checked the valve movement, valve clearances, everythins was to spec. Then started the engine and cheked the injectors, found number 2 blocked.

I then removed all four and found them nearly as bad. The previous owner was charged for replacing the injectors, less than a year ago. 10000km later, and the injectors were really shot. The repair expert cleaned the injectors, and charged for new ones.

Got the Bosch injectors from non steales at a quarter of the price.

Ive to go back to a local lr parts supplier with a britpart suspension air bag for a disco2 he charged my unknowing dad 140+vat for the same item paddocks have for 69+vat.

http://www.paddockspares.com/scp/WEB_EXCLU...iscovery_2.html

And your point is ?? they could have been where your "local lr parts supplier" bought them from, is he not allowed to earn a living, like you are !!

Your "local lr parts supplier" may not sell many of the air bags for disco 2, whereas Paddocks sell loads, hence the cost of stocking, You would be the first to complain, when your "local lr parts supplier" closed down, due to lack of return on capital !!

Also i presume your "local lr parts supplier" and your "unknowing dad" are in Ireland,, whereas Paddocks are in the UK ?? hardly next door then,

And your point is ?? they could have been where your "local lr parts supplier" bought them from, is he not allowed to earn a living, like you are !!

Your "local lr parts supplier" may not sell many of the air bags for disco 2, whereas Paddocks sell loads, hence the cost of stocking, You would be the first to complain, when your "local lr parts supplier" closed down, due to lack of return on capital !!

Also i presume your "local lr parts supplier" and your "unknowing dad" are in Ireland,, whereas Paddocks are in the UK ?? hardly next door then,

Ouch! I read some knuckle wrapping here.

I also belive in the right to earn a living, but in my case, a 400% differene in price, someboby is making a real killing.

Got the Bosch injectors from non steales at a quarter of the price.

Thys,, fully agree, gen to Bosch, being more than likely OE, at 25 of the price, !!

But always check Main dealers prices as well, surprising how many parts have had the price "adjusted" to be competitive with the aftermarket,, or the aftermarket can not buy for another source, making them the similar

Im all for local buisness my local lr parts supplier is in NI been going to him for over 4 years he always been a few quid either way but has given good service... Say £10 to his workshop thats still £60 odd profit for picking up the phone and stocking a part he "normally has on the shelf"

If you have a slow day in work do you load the next person to walk through the door??

Thank god he didnt fit it!