td flywheel housing needed second hand / new

Are there different Disco bellhousings out there? My Disco engine sure didn't fit directly to the gearbox. Well, maybe if I accepted a tilted engine...

But - there are extra castings inside the bellhousing with small holes that fit the bellhousing on the gearbox. I enlarged them, tapped M10 and moved the bolts. And there are some bolts that can't be used because of the different position of the cluch slave cylinder.

No you don't Mark, my 300 bolts straight to the LT77 and uses a standard 300 flywheel housing.

Mo

OH :( . Tell me more Mo. My bro in law has a 300 TDI fitted to a LT77 and he used the old TD backplate. He did a bit of research and that was the general consensus. If it is easy then I'm surprised he didn't just fit the 300 complete.

Anyway it's all academic now as he now needs a new head for it. So will be spectating at James' event in 2 weeks :(