Aerial cable fitting

Hi,

My needed replacing and must have needed it for a while before I got it as the cable was pulled through and coiled up under the wing.

I've now got a shiny new aerial and need to route the cable through to the back of the radio thas positioned int eh centre of the dash.

Is there any easy way to do this without the need to remove the entire dash?

Thanks

Steve

pass the plug end into the dash area via the nearest cable grommet, move the instrument pack out of the way, move the radio so you have access to the aerial socket & run the aerial cable along the dash under all the existing wiring, on the forward edge of the parcel tray, you'll find a raise part with wiring under it, run the aerial cable through that to the radio, connect, test the radio for operation, if all OK refit the radio & instrument pack. take your time so you don't inadvertently damage other wiring.

Cheers guys, i didn't relish the thought of taking off the dash just for that

Currently my radio is resting on the shelf with the aerial coming through near the footwell.

I managed to fit a centre seat so the wife doesn't have to sit in the back with the baby seat in the front so figured the radio should be put back in place

Don't connect the coax from the new aerial directly into the radio otherwise if/when you have to replace it again you will have to route it through the dash again.

Get yourself a coax flylead from any car audio shop and run this between the radio and a conveniant position in the engine-bay, then you just connect the lead from the new aerial into this. Makes future replacement of an aerial a simple 5-minute job.

Don't connect the coax from the new aerial directly into the radio otherwise if/when you have to replace it again you will have to route it through the dash again.

Get yourself a coax flylead from any car audio shop and run this between the radio and a conveniant position in the engine-bay, then you just connect the lead from the new aerial into this. Makes future replacement of an aerial a simple 5-minute job.

Excellent idea Litch, unfortunately I've already run the cable through and it works fine but I might have to follow this up as it was quite easy to get through.

Thanks

Steve