Mini winch challenge!

As it says in the title I am running two mini winch challenges at Slindon (normal pay and play day).

Morning one is at 11.00 am and afternoon one at 1.30 pm, both last 1 1/2 hours.

Separate area for challenges, 10 punches, single vehicle, no trophies!

This is a one off at the moment to judge reactions to something else to do while at a play day.

There will not be any charge to compete and there will not be any 1st 2nd 3rd but I may display the number of punches

obtained by each car for each challenge. This would be an ideal introduction to winch events for the newcomer, pratice

for the experienced or just a good laugh!

I realise it's short notice but if you were going to Slindon anyway.........

We had a go - although we didn't get far, since we didn't have any winches! I got two pnches in the lighweight, and Orange attmpted a couple in a std range rover on ATs but didn't get any. It was good watching some of the other guys on the punches, and to be fair we had a go as an experiment!

For what it's worth, I would be far more likly to turn up to a play day if there was something else to do as well. I like winch challenges, but don't have a wich, so maybe a punch safari type thing would be good?

Anyway, sorry we didn't return the tags to you paul, I have them here if you would like, I scored 2, Orange scored Nill, but not for lack of trying! Thanks for organising it!

Mark

Thanks for the comments Mark and no I don't want the punch cards back.

Turned out a bit of a none event in the end! My fault due to not advertising it and by the time I got to site most people were already waiting for recovery in the outback!

The six who did have a go said they enjoyed it but found the punches a bit on the tough side, next time they will be a little easier.

I'll try again on the new year with more notice.

Much fun and rather hilarious trying it in a bog-standard range rover!! We'll definitely have another go in the new year when we have some decent tyres and a bit more groung clearance!! Oh, and a new rear light lens!!

I am of the same opinion as Mark though!! A punch safari is definitely worth a go!! Maybe not up into the Outback - think I might get a little stuck!!!!! :o

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the comments Mark and no I don't want the punch cards back.

Turned out a bit of a none event in the end! My fault due to not advertising it and by the time I got to site most people were already waiting for recovery in the outback!

The six who did have a go said they enjoyed it but found the punches a bit on the tough side, next time they will be a little easier.

I'll try again on the new year with more notice.

Paul let the marshals know and the booking-in caravan know. First I knew about the challenge was seeing Danny at the grub truck! A direction sign at the grub truck / marshal to sheperd from grub truck would get more punters. Good idea to get more business at Slindon, the muppets will still need pulling out of the outback though!

• 2 weeks later...
As it says in the title I am running two mini winch challenges at Slindon (normal pay and play day).

Morning one is at 11.00 am and afternoon one at 1.30 pm, both last 1 1/2 hours.

Separate area for challenges, 10 punches, single vehicle, no trophies!

This is a one off at the moment to judge reactions to something else to do while at a play day.

There will not be any charge to compete and there will not be any 1st 2nd 3rd but I may display the number of punches

obtained by each car for each challenge. This would be an ideal introduction to winch events for the newcomer, pratice

for the experienced or just a good laugh!

I realise it's short notice but if you were going to Slindon anyway.........

Paul,

As your active at the moment, do you have any 2006 dates for Slindon weekends ?

And will you be running any punch safari's there this year too ?

Cheers

Peter

Paul,

I would love to mate....... :D

But for some biazar reason (Lost me marbles)

Have decided that siting on a river bank clutching a barely warm flask in the search of fish is far better :rolleyes::P

Once i have got this out of my system for the year, i'll be back with you :P

See you the following week :D

Jim :)

Paul,

I would love to mate....... :D

But for some biazar reason (Lost me marbles)

Have decided that siting on a river bank clutching a barely warm flask in the search of fish is far better :rolleyes::P

Once i have got this out of my system for the year, i'll be back with you :P

See you the following week :D

Jim :)

Jim, this post was for the Slindon meeting last November!

You loosing it or what?