Biodiesel

I think adding diesel therm kit to the motor anyhow will overall help a diesel engine get going. It seams that the hotter the fuel is the runnier it gets in the case of Bio / PVO and it would really help your engine some out on cold days to start. This also means that the engine system is colser to running an alternative if you have too.

the kit for PVO / Bio works by having two tanks, so you start on you normal tank, pure mineral. then when your hot enough you can switch over to the other tank, then before you stop you switch back, and clean the engine out and back on to mineral. This does seam quite safe as an option, and I guess if the stuff is hot enough (runny enough) in theory it should work. THEORY

Anyway, Im guessing it a choice that will be forced on us all at some point soon.

• 1 year later...

strange that Dr Diesel, the man who actually invented the diesel engine specifically as a low cost agricultural engine so that farmers could grow their own fuel, says you can, yet you say you can't. Mmmmmm, wonder who to believe, especially as I have been running cars on 100% biodiesel made by me at home for more than 4 years, including common rails, and I have not yet blown a pump or injector.

Biodave