Daily Driver Challenge Events - 29 Mar 08 - Wellington

JST

Hi,

I can't make the first event but have just done the paperwork for the 7/6/8 one and am really looking forward to it.

The hybrid is basically a standard 90 with a front winch and despite Tim's best efforts I still have little idea what I'm doing (witness me winching out of the stream bed in Bampton...).

I am however flying solo :ph34r: at the moment so if anyone feels like coming and bitching for me I'd be grateful (and prepared to bribe them with Jaffa cakes).

Cheers, Jos

James

Registration will be in the post this week. Congratulations regarding Saturday, fantastic day, nice to see the site in the day light last time we were there was for the CSW night Challenge, I now why I was so tired afterwards as I could see how steep and long the hills are!!!

Looking forward to the 29th.

All the best

Ian

Ron - i am unfamiliar with that tread pattern, can you post a picture please - size wise is OK

James, they're basically the same tread pattern as the Greenway Machos....nicked this pic off paddocks site, it's not a perfect pic, but a fair example..... need to find a suitable bitch..... a have a couple in mind!

I suspect you know the chairman of my local club, Roger Pardy...... good chap Rog eh!!

itsahara.jpg

Ron - tyres - yep OK, they dont seem to be that much more than a MT.

Jos thank you for the 6th Jul entry, paperwork and entry recieved.

At the moment i have two certs although unpaid TJ101 and Pugwash, i understand its a new type of event and some of you may be intending to come along and watch the first one, which is fine, but i do need a min of 12 vehicles in order to put the event on!

I'm sure it will be a good event, but I can't justify coming down from Essex at the moment. :(

It works out as an expensive day with fuel, travel lodge etc...

Was costing me in the region of £240 to tow Taz down for a Saturday event and stay over.

And I'm trying to get Taz back on the road. It's been in the workshop since July.

Richard

I'm sure it will be a good event, but I can't justify coming down from Essex at the moment. :(

It works out as an expensive day with fuel, travel lodge etc...

Was costing me in the region of £240 to tow Taz down for a Saturday event and stay over.

And I'm trying to get Taz back on the road. It's been in the workshop since July.

Richard

Richard,, used the 07 ??? saves the tow down then

Richard,, used the 07 ??? saves the tow down then

Was going to use the 07. I am trialling it locally already. :)

I only have the 07 (Top90) and Taz now.

The 110 CSW went to buy the 90.

I just can't justify the cost at the moment for a day out as I'm so far away... living the 'wrong side' of London. ;)

What are considered appropriate gloves? I am guessing they're for winching purposes but I've never had any experience of that so don't know what I should be looking for. Also what fire extinguisher type would be appropriate? The Powder type? Sorry for all the questions.

I was having some difficulty in seeing how the vehicle would meet the requirements for the event but I am now pretty sure I am a certainty now. I just need to get the application form sent now.

What are considered appropriate gloves? I am guessing they're for winching purposes but I've never had any experience of that so don't know what I should be looking for. Also what fire extinguisher type would be appropriate? The Powder type? Sorry for all the questions.

I was having some difficulty in seeing how the vehicle would meet the requirements for the event but I am now pretty sure I am a certainty now. I just need to get the application form sent now.

Yes the gloves are to be used when handling any recovery kit- riggers or any other fairly substantial gloves will do. I use proper winching gloves from D4x4 but thats cos I got them free!

Fire extinguisher wise- they are intended for use on fuel/ electrical fires so ideally dry powder but see here for others Fire extinguisher types I believe the rules specify a 2kg one?

Look forward to seeing all of you there- should be a great event!

Shrek

Ron - tyres - yep OK, they dont seem to be that much more than a MT.

Jos thank you for the 6th Jul entry, paperwork and entry recieved.

At the moment i have two certs although unpaid TJ101 and Pugwash, i understand its a new type of event and some of you may be intending to come along and watch the first one, which is fine, but i do need a min of 12 vehicles in order to put the event on!

Err, 7th of June Daily Driver Challenge....