RRC Immobiliser

nickm

Anyone know if i can disconnect and remove the alarm and immobiliser

on a 1991 3.9v8 auto

Its only going to be used off road and I want to remove as much leccy stuff as poss

Thanks

Not wanting to ask a dumb quesiton, but are you sure it has an immobiliser? My 1992 MY has a factory alarm but that doesn't provide an immobilising function.... I had to get a Toad immobiliser fitted to satisfy my insurers.

My mate's '92 Tdi has FF system and that is Immobiliser and alarm B-B, how odd!

Got a little square plug on the key ring and a little socket around USB size on the dash to the right of the steering wheel. You have to plug that in before the vehicle will start.

My 1991 I have here also has some type of FF system which has a small round plug on the key ring and a round socket about the same size as a phone charger one to disable it. Don't know what it does though as I haven't bothered to look at it since I bought it.

My mate's '92 Tdi has FF system and that is Immobiliser and alarm B-B, how odd!

Got a little square plug on the key ring and a little socket around USB size on the dash to the right of the steering wheel. You have to plug that in before the vehicle will start.

My 1991 I have here also has some type of FF system which has a small round plug on the key ring and a round socket about the same size as a phone charger one to disable it. Don't know what it does though as I haven't bothered to look at it since I bought it.

Maybe a factory option? Mine ('93 3.9V8) had a factory alarm, the single button type same as my '95 300Tdi Discovery has. No idea if it ran to an immobiliser as I never used it - like bishbosh I had a Toad Thatcham approved system fitted to keep my insurers happy.