Range Rover classic 2 door, how do the front wings attach at the botto

willfromsussex

Range Rover classic 2 door, how do the front wings attach at the bottom? (A pillar area) I think I must be missing some kind of bracket or something, anyone got a photo or diagram of how they attach to the car? does the plastic side trim have anything to do with this (not installed at present)

thanks

There are 2 bolts which go through the wings and through the sill trims, there is also a bracket running fron the bottom of the wing backwards but I cannot remember where they fasten, I lost mine during a rebuild years ago, the wings have been fastened to the trim only since with no problems.

thanks. i bought wing mounting kits from one of the landrover parts places, two pieces go along the top, but there are 2 mystery brackets, maybe they are something to do with that bottom reinforcing bit?

There are three brackets at the top ... is that 391317 that goes right at the 'back' end on top of the wing. Imagine the top edge of the wing from the headlight box - you have a short bit of cranked angle, a long straight piece then a third, short length ... probably hidden under the deck panel.

AndyG

thanks Andy. odd that they make it in several bits but at least I know what it's for now.

I wasn't intending to put the plastic sill trims on but I guess I will now . Need to find some new clips

No problem. Why replace the sill trims? Vanity? Desire for rusty sills? Amusement factor with the noise of sloshing water caught in them? I suppose they do neaten the door bottoms a bit but I run without the trims. The wing fixings to the A pillar give sufficient rigidity to the panel as far as I can tell and I've only been running like it for the last 5 years ... If you're really desperate to fix the bottom of the wing a simple strap onto the sill will do the job.

AndyG