Storage

That looks good Martin, exactly what I had in mind

Cheers Mo. I drew it all out by hand and to scale (1:10) today, and I'm getting really excited about this project now! Thanks to your suggestion of using wood for the frame, has made it a lot easier for me now.

I'm almost tempted to not go to Tixover tomorrow, and just make a start on it!

I CAN also confirm that Hogarth Engineering (Patriot Roof Racks) do the Slide n Lok Cargo rails.

I don't need any more cargo rail. Well I hope not. The Defender seems to be held together by it :o:o

What I am after is the seat bolts that fit to it. You know what Boeing use to hold the pax seats in place.

If you don't know what I mean, next time you fly. lift the carpet under the seat frame :rolleyes:

Anybody seen any ?

mike

Try was Lord Mayor of London. Can't died in the workhouse.

I have bolt in lashing eyes, not as flexible as Slide n lock but free :)

Mo

Hmmm....I always like stuff for free....but I think if I'm going to make this thing.....I may as well make it EXACTLY as I want it! I have not cut any corners in the design/vision for my LR.....so I wont scrimp now, for the sake of £50 ish!!

Are you starting your build this weekend then Mo.....or has this weather messed up the agenda??

I would love to see some pics/get some more input from you about your design etc.

Mart

If you want cargo tracking, seat lockdown plates or lashing eyes then google Unwin tracking, they are in devon, they supply ambulance manufactuers etc and will sell to mop prices are very reasonable

I have used their stuff for years,

Usual disclaimers HTSH

Hey,

Has anyone had experience with mobile systems drawers/storage chests?

Opinions?

Thanks

Pete

Yes, excellent product expensive but when you see the build quality you will see why.

I am looking at changing how mine are configured so may have a storage drawer and storage chest for sale.

John

Hey,

Has anyone had experience with mobile systems drawers/storage chests?

Opinions?

Thanks

Pete

From 2004 to date. I have the drawer fitted. Three trips to Africa ansd it's a good, not as clean though, as the day it was bought.

img3035cz0.th.jpg

img3034rn8.th.jpg

What is normally in the drawer. On trips it's got even more in.

HTH

mike

Hey,

I have had a go at designing a drawer system, similar to the MSS drawer but made out of plywood-possible with some reinforcing steel- and then chequer plate on the top. You can find the design here

I have only made it half the length as I have a 90 and would like to be able to carry a couple of people in the back as well! This would go at the front half- with wolf boxes etc. on top and then there would be two inward facing seats at the back half of the load space.

Pete

Nearly dinner time. I'll look later on.

The rails are "cargo rails" not cheap but very good. I have them all over the place.

I should get the Defender back, Thursday looks most likely. I'll measure the rear door distance to drawer front if you like.

The cargo rails are fitted in such a position the a Wolff box fits between them. Everything in the back is strapped down.

mike

I think i may be able to lay my hands on some of these rails. My mate bought a van from auction to camper and removed all the rails that the ratchet straps attach to. Is that what you're on about? If there's any interest i can ask how much if wants for them.