diesel heaters (Eberspächer)

pux

Hi guy's hope your all well, i've not been on for a while as im having to work for a living :lol: :lol: but not now as i have done my ankle in............so was out this morning trying to warm up the 110 and after running my diesel heater it cut out after 5 mins so i took the fuse out and then replaced it and it started to work again but only for 5 mins any ideas as to why it's doing this.......

This is the model i have, many thank's in advance

0244_1.JPG

Does it complete the startup cycle and then blow hot air or is it cutting out before it ignites properly? Does it have a manual thermostat wired in? There are quite a few manuals for Eberspacher heaters available on their website.
It has a thermostat wired in and it starts to get hot then cut's out, i have covered most of there tech problems of the site, i just don't want to rip it apart and break it further i have also checked the fuel supply and that seems to be working fine.

Difficult to say without a fault code reader.

Looking in the manual, there are lots of things that'll stop it running; internal temp, motor over/under speed, fuel flow, low voltage etc.

Is your battery ok? IIRC, they cut out at 11.5V

sorry for not getting back sooner, it is a 12v version it looks exactly the same as the 24v jobbie. I will have a better look tomorrow as my ankle is killing me at the moment (bloody rabbit holes) cheers for the help so far.

mine did the same thing if you take the output cover off thus exposeing the alloy heating fins and run it with this off this allows a better flow of air so it runs cooler so then if it runs for a lot longer then it was over heating in which case get a service kit for it do the service and it should solve the problem that what i did with mine and it's been working fine since

mike