Devon 4x4 competition suspension package

Depending on what you want it for and weight of your truck,

For a run of the mill challenge 90 with all the usual extras the spring rates are very good, They dont give the best flex out there but its plenty and the truck is very stable and sits at a good height. I tried lots as have others I know and we all are hapiest with these plus they dont sag. The shocks are very good, I will be replacing mine with them very soon. At the moment I have Pro comp which I am less than impressed with and were a waste of money but I couldn't get anything else at the time.

Trailing arms go for Gwyn lewis, Strong and simple, Very effective. Dont really see the point in H/D turrets, Ive never damaged one but I have now fitted the Gwyn Lewis ones for there open, Easy maintanance/shock removal design. I have Gwyn lewis retaining plate's and rear relocation cones, Again very simple, Strong and effective but as long as they keep things in place thats all that counts and I'm not a fan of all this massive dislocation milarky.

So no, I probably wouldn't go for the Kit but thats just my opinion, The springs are highly recomended tho.

Would Defo go for the D44 OME Springs for the rest I would look at:

http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk/page6.html

http://www.llama4x4.com/page3.htm

That said I use the D44 springs the challege kit from Llama but went for the QT services reverse re-location cones http://www.qtservices.co.uk/default.asp , I think the +5.5" OME shocks from Gwyn are worth looking at.

as a pack its an ideal buy the lot and be ready to go. there are other bits out there so you could pick and choose if you wanted.

i will second the opinions as above ref the springs though, i have D44 F and R on my challenge truck after trying various others and these are superb for the exact reasons Steve gives but they aint cheap! i am also running procomp shocks but will change to OME when they next get done (ie soon as f/o/s is leaking!)

Dont really see the point in H/D turrets, Ive never damaged one...

They were developed after the Outback Challenge where the Range Rover snapped a couple of standard mounts. Granted you are a lot less likely to sustain damage like that on most UK events, but they do look cool ;)

They do that through lack of use I heard :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

i knew some smart arse would come up with something along those lines, what a suprise its the ones that havent done any paperwork for tomorrow after saying how on the 'ball' they are!

They were developed after the Outback Challenge where the Range Rover snapped a couple of standard mounts. Granted you are a lot less likely to sustain damage like that on most UK events, but they do look cool ;)

and make it easier to clean in there.

Jason

If you intend to use the kit for what it was designed it looks spot on to me.

if you just drive on the road it may well be over the top.

All the kit will be 1st class and proven rather than copied and resold.

The OME shocks/springs have been superb on my 90 for ages and many events.

I did have a rear shock fail and it was replaced no questions by D44.

i know you can get all these:

2 x D44F Coil Spring - (D44F)

2 x D44R Coil Spring - (D44R)

2 x OME N174 Shock - (OMEN174)

2 x OME N175 Shock - (OMEN175)

+ OME stearing damper

for £550.00 from the same place that imports ARB bumpers.

So I guess it's weather or not this lot is what you need:

1 x Land Rover spring retaining bar - (D44SPRINGRET90)

1 x D44 Swivel Shock Mounts - (D44SHOCKMOUNT)

1 x D44 Spring Relocation Cones - (D44RELOC90)

1 x Front Spring Relocation Cones - (D44RELOCFRONT)

1 x D44 Heavy Duty Turret - (D44TURRET)

1 x Cranked Rear Radius Arms - (CRANKEDREAR)

i know you can get all these:

2 x D44F Coil Spring - (D44F)

2 x D44R Coil Spring - (D44R)

2 x OME N174 Shock - (OMEN174)

2 x OME N175 Shock - (OMEN175)

+ OME stearing damper

for £550.00 from the same place that imports ARB bumpers.

I doubt you'll get D44F / D44R and OMEN174 / OMEN175 from anyone else but us ;)