ummmm wipers turn the wrong way Oo

well got round to fitting the new to me wiper motor and went to turn it on and the wipers go the wrong way they turn down the windscreen thather than turn up the wind screen. Anyone have any ideas to sort this ?

And that dosnt mean turn the arms so it parks in the upright posistion :P

I made the mistake of refitting my wipers to wrong way around on my rebuild. The easiest way to sort it is to take the cover off the wiper motor box and move a small plastic block fitted on the large wheel that drives the wire to the wipers, 180 degrees this will make the arms move in the correct direction.

Hope that makes sense (I'm having a bad day)

or is there a possability i put the wheel boxxes in upside down :blink::( just had a thought and that could be the problem. Hope not i dotn wana take the dash apart again :(

"I made the mistake of refitting my wipers to wrong way around on my rebuild. The easiest way to sort it is to take the cover off the wiper motor box and move a small plastic block fitted on the large wheel that drives the wire to the wipers, 180 degrees this will make the arms move in the correct direction.

Hope that makes sense (I'm having a bad day)"

That may bee a good idea i will try this is this what sorted yours in the end ?

well got round to fitting the new to me wiper motor and went to turn it on and the wipers go the wrong way they turn down the windscreen thather than turn up the wind screen. Anyone have any ideas to sort this ?

And that dosnt mean turn the arms so it parks in the upright posistion :P

Sounds like you have got a wiper motor for a LH drive truck, you need to take the gear out and push the drive pin through to the other side of it

Sweet thanks guys that work but one more problem the arms seem to stop a bit to early for my liking is this because I have them set to far down to begin with. I have them a little under horazontal in park should I angle them up a bit so it washes teh hole screen? or is there and adjustment needing done some where?

Keith, That's what I had done; wheel boxes upside down. I found the easiest way was as I said.

I'm with Shox Dr on this one (in fact I think I advised him when he had his problem last October :-)).

Had the same problem with a new motor on my 300Tdi 110 - I assume the TD5 motor workings would be the same. You need to reposition the plastic ramp on the worm wheel inside the motor so the initial movement of the motor is reversed. See the following

http://www.reedx.net/landrover/maint/wiperparking/

Colin

I have a similar question, don't really understand what all was said on this one but I didn't want to start a new topic. My wipers rest in the up position and move downward. They work but look goofy. Was pretty far down on the things to fix list but I saw this topic and thought I would ask now. Thanks.

I have a similar question, don't really understand what all was said on this one but I didn't want to start a new topic. My wipers rest in the up position and move downward. They work but look goofy. Was pretty far down on the things to fix list but I saw this topic and thought I would ask now. Thanks.

I will go take some photos to show you how I did it photos will explain it better will add then to this topic onceI have them.

EDIT: Reedx has a full write up about it hes his link if you missed it earlyer on in the topic.

http://www.reedx.net/landrover/maint/wiperparking/

• 13 years later...

Can't believe what I'm reading here. The motor can only turn in one direction. And no matter what that direction is, you can still control the correct movement of the wiper blades. So LH/RH argument doesn't hold water and swapping neg and pos would be stupid. This situation will only arise if you have stripped the assembly or if one or more of the pivots had stripped and the operating arms are no longer correctly configured.

You have to run the wiper motor normally and turn it off at the console so that the motor is in the starting position. Note the direction of rotation of the motor and mark it on the casing for reference. Then you have to configure the operating arms so that the next revolution of the motor will cause the arms to move in the right direction.

It takes a bit of thinking but it's as simple as that. And believe me - this is the only correct solution.