Nosie tyres

buffy

Hi guys

I have a Freelander V6 soft back and running on Michelin 215x65x16 tyres , have found that if i use a block tread tyre on my car its very nosiey.

So big question, I am looking to change my set of tyres to a quiter type as i do about 20000 miles a year

ANY SUGGESTIONS

Hi guys

I have a Freelander V6 soft back and running on Michelin 215x65x16 tyres , have found that if i use a block tread tyre on my car its very nosiey.

So big question, I am looking to change my set of tyres to a quiter type as i do about 20000 miles a year

ANY SUGGESTIONS

Swap front to back and left to right

We replaced ours about 10k ago (six months) and use General Grabber AT2 which my wife is very please with.

I'm very happy with them.

Note:- My wife won the trophy class british off road championships in 05 so she can handle a freelander quite happily ;)

Swap front to back and left to right

We replaced ours about 10k ago (six months) and use General Grabber AT2 which my wife is very please with.

I'm very happy with them.

Note:- My wife won the trophy class british off road championships in 05 so she can handle a freelander quite happily ;)

Hi jules#

I all ready have swaped around the tyres this is how i found out about the block treads .i have 2 differant thread pattens the 2 on the back are block threads and the 2 on the front are more like road tyres although they are all michellin the front tyres are a Direct replacment for an M/S tyre

These grenral grabber are they a road tyre and what sort of millage do you expect from a set of 4

regards

Picked my 98 freelander up yesterday and took it for its first proper run this morning.

I'm pretty happy with it but also noticed the tyres are noisy. had a nice long stretch wher I cud open it up to 60 - 70 mph. Felt like my ears wanted to pop by the time I got back home. Is this normal on these? (pretty sure the bearings are ok and convinced its tyre noise).

Hi jules#

I all ready have swaped around the tyres this is how i found out about the block treads .i have 2 differant thread pattens the 2 on the back are block threads and the 2 on the front are more like road tyres although they are all michellin the front tyres are a Direct replacment for an M/S tyre

These grenral grabber are they a road tyre and what sort of millage do you expect from a set of 4

regards

AT2 =All Terran

I've just asked my wife and she has done nearly 18k on them and they still to me look like new.

there only £60-70 each so there much cheaper than the michelin but I wouldn't be put off by that

AT2 =All Terran

I've just asked my wife and she has done nearly 18k on them and they still to me look like new.

there only £60-70 each so there much cheaper than the michelin but I wouldn't be put off by that

Hi jules :unsure:

Genral Grabber AT2 is a block tread tyre and as i said block treads cause noise at high speed Yes you can buy these tyes at £63 but these are no good for what i want .Thankyou for your help

regards

Hi jules :unsure:

Genral Grabber AT2 is a block tread tyre and as i said block treads cause noise at high speed Yes you can buy these tyes at £63 but these are no good for what i want .Thankyou for your help

regards

• 3 weeks later...