What's the most efficient way to strip a couple of side panels

SteveG

Hello all

I have a couple of hardtop side panels that I need to completely strip. What's the most efficient way to do this.

Cheers

Steve

steve, why do you want to strip them back, cant you just sand them down ,they can then be completely prime or just wet on wet primed, so unless you really have to i wouldnt strip the old paint completely off.

regards

graham

ps unfortunately i now have the r/r moulding invoice, i'll give u a call when im not so manic.

steve, why do you want to strip them back, cant you just sand them down ,they can then be completely prime or just wet on wet primed, so unless you really have to i wouldnt strip the old paint completely off.

regards

graham

ps unfortunately i now have the r/r moulding invoice, i'll give u a call when im not so manic.

Hi Graham

I bought a couple of side panels that had some paint damage from a fuse box fire. The paint has bubbled up, so I assumed that I'd have to completely remove it and then prime again. This I didn't mind too much as the outside panels are easy to work on. What I didn't realise until they arrived is that the insides are completley covered in carbon soot! :rolleyes: So I've got to sand all of the inside too :o

They were cheap but I wasn't expecting this much prep work. Finding straight side panels at a decent price was not as easy as I thought. Also peoples interpretation on what's straight and dent free leaves a lot to be desired! :) It's a pain when you just wasted the fuel to go to a breakers to be asked 100 quid + VAT for a pair of side panels that have a load of dents in them or the frame part is badly warped.

I know they will pick up dents along the way, but I thought I'd start with a fairly straight pair. :)

No problem on the invoice, just let me know how much and I'll send a cheque

Cheers

Steve