200tdi ECU location

phil200tdi

where abouts can I find the ECU on my 1992 200tdi disco? I thought it was meant to be in the drivers side footwell in the A pillar... Cant find it.

Any one had a remap on a 200 tdi??

cheers

Phil

Does not exist on 200Tdi vehicles. :rolleyes:

where abouts can I find the ECU on my 1992 200tdi disco? I thought it was meant to be in the drivers side footwell in the A pillar... Cant find it.

Any one had a remap on a 200 tdi??

cheers

Phil

you haven't got one, nice and simple the 200's. 300's and later 200's have an ecu early 200's have no electronics to control air/fuel just mechanical settings

you haven't got one, nice and simple the 200's. 300's and later 200's have an ecu early 200's have no electronics to control air/fuel just mechanical settings

Actually, only later 300's have an ECU. 200's and early 300's were entirely mechanical.

Really? I know that the 300 auto version got the ECU first, as it was a handy way of increasing the power, but I thought that by the later model years (97/98?) they all had it in order to meet emissions regs?

Luckily for us the 300tdi auto's were 1st and last...

My '98 300tdi with manual gearbox doesn't have an ECU (engine code 21L) and it meets the same EU2 emissions regs as the 19L engine, just to give you an example.

Just to confuse matters, none of the 300Tdi autos for ROW export markets had the EDC system, even late ones, and the manual versions didn't have it either.

Just in case anybody thought they understood it perfectly :)

Really? I know that the 300 auto version got the ECU first, as it was a handy way of increasing the power, but I thought that by the later model years (97/98?) they all had it in order to meet emissions regs?

I test drove a late 110 csw 300 tdi which had an ecu and was obviously a manual. The ecu was under the drivers seat.

Didn't buy it so I can't give you any more info.

Boggy i thought the jap reimport have ecu?

I thought the 19 series engine was the old turbo diesel piece of carp and not the TDI?

Lots of thoughts all prob wrong :rolleyes: .

Boggy? :rtfm:

Maybe they do - Japanese market is not ROW spec. ROW spec is for the export markets with no emissions legislation etc - like here.

Boggy i thought the jap reimport have ecu?

Lynall

That's right, all the late ('96 on) 300tdi Discos for the jap market had ecu's, including the manuals. But, since most of the Disco's sold in Japan were automatics, they are very rare. The ecu for these is part# ERR3338, different than the ones for auto's.

Mo, maybe this is what you've seen, a jap reimport. Or maybe the gearbox was replaced with a manual one.

As for the Defender Simon said, that was odd. But it's no wonder if we think LR were doing all sorts of weird combinations for different markets, special vehicles, special orders (army), limited editions etc. I did a search on the Defender parts catalog for an ecu for tdis and I didn't find one.

That's right, all the late ('96 on) 300tdi Discos for the jap market had ecu's, including the manuals. But, since most of the Disco's sold in Japan were automatics, they are very rare. The ecu for these is part# ERR3338, different than the ones for auto's.

Mo, maybe this is what you've seen, a jap reimport. Or maybe the gearbox was replaced with a manual one.

As for the Defender Simon said, that was odd. But it's no wonder if we think LR were doing all sorts of weird combinations for different markets, special vehicles, special orders (army), limited editions etc. I did a search on the Defender parts catalog for an ecu for tdis and I didn't find one.

cipx2,

No these were 2 last 300 model year (98?) 90s in UK spec and both had the Discovery Auto type FIP.

Mo

I test drove a late 110 csw 300 tdi which had an ecu and was obviously a manual. The ecu was under the drivers seat.

Didn't buy it so I can't give you any more info.

Simon, is this what you saw under the seat?

mwsnap2pw0.jpg