200tdi ECU location

phil200tdi

Perfectly true! That is not the EDC ecu!

And none of the injection pumps in the pics I previously posted are EDC pumps. People usualy do this mistake. The pumps there are EGR or EGR+immobilizer versions.

The easiest and most obvious way to tell a 300tdi is EDC (or any other engine) is to look for a MAF unit/sensor on the air hose between the air filter and turbocharger. If there's no MAF then there's no EDC!

A picture of an EDC 300tdi engine on the disco where a MAF can be seen is here: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=17862

If someone else would care to say that he saw a Defender with a factory fitted EDC 300tdi he'd better provide a picture of the engine bay so we can see MAF unit.

Without a picture my suggestion would be not to bother ;)

That's not what I saw, it it had the airflow thingy etc. Even had a diagnostics socket. Can't post a picture because it was a test drive a couple of years ago.

I have worked on several Landys with things that dont exist according to LR, so don't go by what the book says. Even had a B reg 110 with doors that dont exist according to the factory :blink:

Simon, next time you'll see an EDC 300tdi Defender I suggest you buy it, it will be like owning

:D

Or at least take a picture, the VIN and the engine prefix.

You will find out that you cannot configure that vehicle in the LR parts catalog. There's no such option as "2.5 TDI 90KW" when selecting the engine and you'll not be able to find any of the EDC specific parts for it. This means that from LR's p.o.v. these vehicles don't exist, they didn't sell such things to Joe Public.

I agree LR sometimes produced things that don't exist. Maybe LR made those kind of vehicles as a special order or market test, like the 25 pieces 100" wheelbase for can't remember which army (Swiss?). But we can't take those exceptions as a rule.

I have been in engineering all my life, and I know what I saw. Unlike the previous pictures the injector pump had no diaphragm on top, but was electricaly operated.

When I worked for MOD many years ago we had a brand new V8 air portable, but LR deny ever making one.

Also the doors I mentioned on the old 110 did not appear on any parts drawings, maybe they do now? they were one piece doors with wind up windows but had a dummy capping to make them look like two piece doors. After respraying it I needed new clips to hold the dummy cappings on, but I was told by many LR people that such doors did not exist.

I don't take kindly to being accused of telling porkys!

It looked factory fitted, but then again its not difficult to fit anything to LandRovers stunning standards is it?

The mock cappings on the doors were factory fitted, only 1 previous owner was Anglian Water Co and I can't see them modding it.

The V8 was factory fresh when I first saw it.

It looked factory fitted, but then again its not difficult to fit anything to LandRovers stunning standards is it?

The mock cappings on the doors were factory fitted, only 1 previous owner was Anglian Water Co and I can't see them modding it.

The V8 was factory fresh when I first saw it.

The doors you mention are standard late 1984/ 1985 doors. --> One piece, lift up handle, wind down windows, galvanised (fake) cappings.

1985wit28td.jpg

I see them all of the time, in fact I have 2 or 3 cars with these door here right now...