Oil viscosity

What oil viscosity does a 300 Tdi use.....I could have sworn I was told 15w40......but I have just had a butchers at the Castrol website, and they say its 0w30 (they recommend Castrol Edge.)

.....or does it not really matter that much???

Does it make any difference whatsoever, what brand you use? i.e will a £40 job be ANYdifferent from a £10 job??

I certainly THINK I could tell the difference in my sports car days....not sure about a Land Rover though.

What oil viscosity does a 300 Tdi use.....I could have sworn I was told 15w40......but I have just had a butchers at the Castrol website, and they say its 0w30 (they recommend Castrol Edge.)

.....or does it not really matter that much???

Does it make any difference whatsoever, what brand you use? i.e will a £40 job be ANYdifferent from a £10 job??

I certainly THINK I could tell the difference in my sports car days....not sure about a Land Rover though.

According to the manual it is 15W/40 API CD. It covers between -10ºC and above

The Castrol websites are possibly the most useless of any on the web. No information to speak of and what is there is normally wrong.

Follow the advice given by the others. Although the recommended CD oil is not even available any more. Use CH or CI spec oils