Belgium-national

Ben Jordan

Does anybody know if the Belgium-national is on for 2006? and if so what are the dates likely to be? As i have got to book it off work very very soon.

I understand that it will be on but that it may be a rather smaller affair than in the past - see the LRE with the report on this year's event. If I were Bruno I would be hoping to deter some of the UK participants from entering as there have been rather a lot of us there in recent years. I first went in 1999 and then again in 2003, 2004 and 2005. The increased number of British there was noticable between 1999 and 2005 to the point where about half were from the UK.

As for the date, it is not usually announced until March/April when entries are invited. This year was September 16th to 18th so my guess would be 15-17th for next year but it may be the following weekend.

Chris

• 1 month later...

I understand that it will be on but that it may be a rather smaller affair than in the past - see the LRE with the report on this year's event. If I were Bruno I would be hoping to deter some of the UK participants from entering as there have been rather a lot of us there in recent years. I first went in 1999 and then again in 2003, 2004 and 2005. The increased number of British there was noticable between 1999 and 2005 to the point where about half were from the UK.

As for the date, it is not usually announced until March/April when entries are invited. This year was September 16th to 18th so my guess would be 15-17th for next year but it may be the following weekend.

HI BEN I HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD BY A MATE THAT HE GOT AN EMAIL FROM BRUNO CONFIRMING 15TH 16TH 17TH OF SEPTEMBER.

REGARDS JOCK

Thanks,

How do they plan to deter some of UK participants from entering?

Dunno. All I said was "If I were Bruno".

They could make it smaller by only publishing the website and entry in French/Flemmish, putting the price up, just having fewer places and offering then first come first served. Who knows.

Chris

What's wrong with British participants then ? :huh:

Mo

Nobody has said there is anything wrong with UK participants, that was just my theory.

To be absolutely fair though, it has become more like "The English neational in Belgium with a few other Europeans too". It is obvious why it is, there are simply a lot more LRs and off-road driving enthusiasts in the UK than the rest of Europe and Belgium is close and easy to get to for most of us.

They may well find another way of reducing numbers, I hope they do and I hope that I get a place. Perhaps they will have two, smaller events? I think that that is unlikely though. A change of format might be a good idea to acheive the same goal of reducing the number of cars driving the lanes and reducing the amount of queueing. Sending each group for a session on a large off-road site for a whole session for example... A really large off-road site given the amount of queuing that goes on on the ones they use now. :)

Chris

Does anybody know if the Belgium-national is on for 2006? and if so what are the dates likely to be? As i have got to book it off work very very soon.

Dates are 15th 16th 17th Sep, you should will be able to apply after or around March time and those that entered last year with an e-mail address will be notified, there will be less entrants than before but on a first come basis, not restricted to what country you come from.

Peter

Excellent!

xxtreme this time for us

and take the caravan via the tunnel after being hideously sick on the ferry and freezing in a Tent

Tony,

I did XXtrem last year, and did a lot of waiting around. Other than friday night the course's were all driveable. On Sunday we were 1st on course and finished in 1/2hr. Still it was fun, and must not be taken too seriously as you know.

Caravan, Freezing, what are you like? :D It's no wonder we are called southern softies :lol:

Peter

Pete

I'm ok in the Tent

Val on the other hand spent all night asking if I was awake and cursing about the tent/cold.

as we had a brand new caravan at home unused as yet, I guess taking it will make it a bit easier to sleep.

we did the x treme and all of it was driveable but still there were people well and truly stuck causing huge jams. then doing snatch recoveries using winch ropes.

Pete

I'm ok in the Tent

Val on the other hand spent all night asking if I was awake and cursing about the tent/cold.

as we had a brand new caravan at home unused as yet, I guess taking it will make it a bit easier to sleep.

we did the x treme and all of it was driveable but still there were people well and truly stuck causing huge jams. then doing snatch recoveries using winch ropes.

I go over on BFG's make's it more of a challenge, in fact I don't have an option at the moment they are the only tyres I have :) You do see it all, at least you can bypass some bits if you want to keep moving. I wish I had bypassed the entertaiment in the quarry. Still I did blag a beer from Chris worth going for that alone.

Peter

• 1 month later...
Just been on the site - and it says it's full!

Looks like we've missed the boat this year. Oh well!

Si

Si,

I think that's 2005 still as the link for 2006 seems not to work yet that is normal for them to be a bit slow on changing the web site send a e-mail to them.

Peter

Tony,

I'm going to be in Germany around that time, so if you here of anyone looking for a co-driver/winch bitch/mobile ground anchor then I'd be well up for going... Would realy like to enter the Tomcat in it but cant afford the full entry fees this year... still, some prior experience would be good!

Cheers,

Ross

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone looking to go this year, the site says it'll be open around the March 31st and it looks like it'll be restricted to 200 vehicles this year instead of the normal 300+. So you better get in there fast if you want to go this year! ;)

Anyone know who this is (Tony) from 2005? :D

Bel09.jpg