Belgium-national

Ben Jordan

Okay found it think it's got a different address to the 2005 one. I’ve filled out the application form. Don’t really know what I’ve put i was in a panic. I’ve got an e-mail confirming the details i put in. does this mean ive got a place? I assume we don’t have to pay a deposit?

quote from mail

Price of the inscription = Vehicle & Pilot + Co-pilot (2 pers.)

For the adventure & X-Trem courses, an instalment of 50% minimum is necessary to confirm your reservation and will have imperatively to be paid within three weeks following the sending of your entry form. The balance will be paid at the latest on September 1, 2006 0H00.

Caution: For the XX-TREM course, the totality of the amount of the participation is necessary to confirm your reservation and will have imperatively to be paid within three weeks following the sending of your entry form.

Whatever course you choose, non-payment in the 3 weeks will automatically involve the cancellation of your inscription, without prior notice of Imagine Evasion.

I have gone for the X X so full paymenwithing 3 weeks to confirm entry, the x course is 50% down

Ben,, No, presume, you sent the entry fee, then a conformation will follow ?

have you gone for the xx route ?? if so full entry within 3 weeks

No just the X-trem as i haven't got a winch on the Rangie.

Now i've got to sort out ferries and stuff. Anybody got some suggestions?

well, just had a quick look at the chunnel, Defender & trailer out thus pm, back late sunday, just under £ 200, not the end of the world !!

We went Dover-Dunkirk (Closest port to Tournai) last year and got a special rate for a group booking with Norfolkline - circa £45 return IIRC. Me, NAS90, SimonR and another guy are booked too, perhaps wait till we see who is going and then arrange a ferry as a group?

Cheers

Chris

Guest WALFY

I'm off to the Tournai area at the end of this month. Ferry first thing Fri morn and back late sun, £49 return. So should be a good weekend laning.

We went Dover-Dunkirk (Closest port to Tournai) last year and got a special rate for a group booking with Norfolkline - circa £45 return IIRC. Me, NAS90, SimonR and another guy are booked too, perhaps wait till we see who is going and then arrange a ferry as a group?

Cheers

Chris

OK Chris,, can you add me to the group booking !!,,will most likely take the trailer again,,

Is this the ferry Tony C fell a tad unwell on !!! :(

OK Chris,, can you add me to the group booking !!,,will most likely take the trailer again,,

Is this the ferry Tony C fell a tad unwell on !!! :(

That will be the ferry!

I always sit in the middle of the ship, try not to drink alcohol and don't look out of the windows. Of course iron guts Watts seems to be able to travel by ship in any weather!

Well, it look as if you have to be in the "know" to get a entry,

Got my mail back at 21,10 on the 31st, confirming entry,and then a mail this morning say this !! sounds like a pick and choose method !!!

Dear Sir,

We received your entry form and we thank you very much. Unfortunately we are sorry to inform you that the XX-Trem category was already full when we received it.

We can register you on the waiting list in case of cancellation but honestly I am afraid you have not much chance to get a place in this course because this category is extremely solicited and we don’t use to have cancellations.

Taking into consideration the impressive number of inscriptions we got during this WE, the X-Trem course will be probably full to-morrow or even this evening. So, should you be interested in taking part definitely to our event, I suggest you to register again urgently to-day (Tuesday April, 4) in the X-Trem track

Best I go and try to stop the bacs payment !!!

What's the option, have heard the X-Trem, is not worth the agro, as a bit on the tame side !!

Well, it look as if you have to be in the "know" to get a entry,

Got my mail back at 21,10 on the 31st, confirming entry,and then a mail this morning say this !! sounds like a pick and choose method !!!

I got one of those as well, but they were swamped with UK entries so it is a way of choosing who they allow on the event.

Oh well :rolleyes:

Richard

What's the option, have heard the X-Trem, is not worth the agro, as a bit on the tame side !!

I did x-trem 2004 and xx-trem 2005 I have not booked this year.

I found that you did a lot less driving in the xx-trem and that the x-trem was a better event,.

on Sunday last year I finished the section in under 15mins on the Saturday we were out all day and was OK Friday night was out till 02-am then went back for some sleep ready for early start on Saturday.

Other people were coming back into camp from Friday night when we left on Saturday morning 07-00, they missed all of Saturday.

A lot of what the XX-trem do the X-trem will also do.

I think that the best thing to do is if it is your first time go to whatever category you can get in, and make the most of it. But get up early so you don't queue and you then can make your own way as opposed to following the leader.

I know some people that booked over a month ago by e-mail.

Peter

X-Trem was interesting last year as there was a lot of rain the week before the event and it made the night section very slippery as it's all clay. They were closing some of the hills as we got there, in fact we were the last vehicle up the second hill on the course as the one behind us rolled it.

There were two others I know about that rolled on the course that night but if it's dry then the course is a little less of a challenge.

The drive is not bad but there are a lot of easy lanes with a couple of tricky bits but nothing too taxing, although there was a bit more water around last year.

Because of the night section hold-ups it was 3:30 in the morning before we got back to the campsite and then we had to be up and ready for a 9am start on Saturday so make sure you get plenty of sleep on Thursday!!

The XX-trem is maybe full already as there isn't that many places, I think they were only talking about 50 for this year and as they have reduced the total entry to 200 vehicles this year then I'm not surpised that it's filling up fast.

I'd try & get on the X-trem if you can as the Adventure is just like a normal drive around the lanes, nothing taxing at all.

the x-treme was similar to driving to My house Tim with a brief run over a few Exmoor lanes.(the easy ones)

I enjoyed the trip(except the ferry)

:lol::lol::lol: good one Tony

That about sum's it up :)

It's a good sociable weekend. If you want a really challenging weekend take up Wills offer of a teamate on the Argyl ;);)

Tim- shall I give your CD changer to BishBosh??

Cheers

Steve

Steve, Yes please, did mention it to Charles at Sodbury !!

Well have been offered a run on the X-treme, but got to put entry in by 7 tonight, for those that,s been,

Is it worth it ??

I enjoyed it, and, to be honest, the Belgium National is more about the whole event than just about the off-roading.

Chris

Chris,, so i take it, thats a YES, do it while i have a chance ??,

they have a entry res till 7pm for me !!

Sorry Tim that was 7pm CET so you missed it ;);)

As Chris says it's a really goos sociable weekend so if you have booked you'll enjoy it.

I actually think that with less brits there it will be a better event and encorage more interaction between the nationalities.

Steve

Yep, Steve, suses that, entries in,and receipt returned, looks like we are doing the X-treme,

Looking forward to it, always do, with motorsport events over there, have another couple of events planed already this year for Ypres and Flander's rallies

ps can you give the changer to Darth, when you see him at the weekend, really sorry I could not make it, 2 places at once

• 3 months later...